In celebration of the 8+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preetb, Oct 7, 2017.

1. preetb macrumors member

I didn't think I'd like the 8+ all that much, but it's an excellent iPhone: really fast, responsive apps, incredible camera, great screen. In regards to the screen, I'm fanatical about small bezels but absolutely hate the notch on the X. In addition, while I initially pooh-poohed the wireless charging, I love it now. It's really convenient with an $ 18 charger from off of Amazon. And I really like Touch ID, probably one of the main reasons I didn't get the X.

For its design generation, it's probably the epitome.

2. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

What phone did you come from?

I think the 8+ is awesome. Coming from a 6+ > 6S+ > 7+ I just can't do it.

I was strongly against the X at first. Now I'm probably 70% keep my 7+ for another year 30% get an X.

3. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Why did you get it in the first place if you didn't think you'd like it?

4. preetb thread starter macrumors member

Wife broke her phone so I gave her mine and upgraded to 8+.

5. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

That's the spirit.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Agreed. I think the iPhone 8 is still a great device, but is an avantage of an upgrade for somebody coming from an older model iPhone under the iPhone 7. Currently I use the iPhone 7 Plus, and I can't justify upgrade to the iPhone 8. I would look for something away from the current form factor that I have been using all these years with the 6/6S/7.

7. Diorama macrumors 6502a

Maybe give it a try ;)

8. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

I would agree. Your comments sound just like what I've said.

Wireless charging is very convenient. It's not faster than the lightning port but I haven't been pressed for time much needing a quick charge. In 16 days with the phone I've used the lightning port to charge twice which saves wear and tear... pretty cool... and it sounds like you got the same $18 charger off Amazon I did.

Don't care for the notch... not interested in Face ID... my 8 Plus has the same processor as the X... totally happy with the decision in upgrading from the 6s Plus.

The battery life is outstanding. I spent 17 hours at work the other day with 13+ hours of streaming video on the phone and still had 7% battery life left. The 14 hours of video Apple mentions in the specs is correct.

I'm definitely gonna check out the X user reviews this spring when they get their phones (LOL) and am interested in seeing what X v2 has to offer next fall... until then though I'm 10000% happy with the 8 Plus. It's an amazing device.

Attached Files:

• bat.jpg
      bat.jpg
      File size:
      178.4 KB
      Views: