In depth review of why the iPhone will always be the best.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mjz147, Sep 7, 2010.

1. mjz147 macrumors regular

Attached Files:

2. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

i disagree with everything you said. i'd like to hear a more in-depth review from you than what you just put together.

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I like my iPhone to, but your review assumes nothing will ever change regarding Android or iOS. I agree with many of your points *for now* but I really think its going to be a different game in a year or two. You also ignore or minimize the features/advantages that Android has.

Apple certainly has the head start but all competitors are spending billions upon billions to narrow that lead.

4. tnisatard macrumors 6502

:confused:

you dont know what your talking about

5. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

If you want to be a journalist, you are going to have to greatly improve your writing skills.

I mean, seriously, this is the first time I've ever seen "their for" used as "therefore" on the internet - that's saying something.

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

If you really want to be a journalist you're going to have to learn to become neutral on topics, which means including the negative aspects of the iPhone also journalists (or reviewers for that matter) don't end articles with "END OF RANT!".

I'll assume once you get out of elementary school you'll begin to see what I mean. iPhones are fun though ;)

7. ecschwarz macrumors 6502a

ecschwarz

I like the iPhone as much as the next person who owns one, but I have to say, what Microsoft did with Windows Mobile 7 is pretty impressive. It's not trying to be the same as the iPhone/Android/BlackBerry and I think some users will appreciate this approach. It's not for everyone, but then again, the same goes for the iPhone.

8. Stormspeed macrumors member

I predict a 20 page flame war starting.............NOW

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Nice opinions. I agree with a lot of them, but everyone won't.
    Btw, you have a lot of grammatical errors you should check.

With all that being said, I certainly love my iPhone.

10. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

11. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

Today's journalist are hardly that way. Fox news is pretty biased as are various tech blogs.

12. McBeats macrumors 6502a

13. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I'd consider the Daily Show as journalism before I ever considered Fox or MSNBC to be journalism.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Great blog post! But you realize this is a message board - right?

"END RANT!
    If you like the android devices over IOS good for you, this is not meant to create an argument I just wanted to share IMO why I think IOS is superior to other devices, again just like I am entitled to my opinions, others are too, so if you disagree please share.

HOPE THIS MAKES YOU ENJOY YOUR IPHONE MORE!!!"

I don't enjoy my iPhone because of anything you wrote. Nor do I enjoy it based on my opinions of other phones/operating systems. I enjoy my iPhone because it fits my needs (mostly).

If a post like yours is meant to "help" someone enjoy their iPhone more - then they are pretty damn insecure.

15. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Wow. That's about the only word that sums up my feelings about this one.

16. ianray macrumors 6502

That was not journalism.

If one was generous then it might be considered to be an opinion piece, but there was no cohesive argument nor thread linking the various points (which, frankly, were invariably excessively "folksy" and lacking objective data).

Sorry to sound so negative, but arguing that iPhone will always be best is a perhaps somewhat naive :D

That said, good luck in your future career :)

17. Savor Suspended

Savor

A teenie bopper probably started this thread. It is at the age where they wish puppy love relationships would be like "forever and ever." The OP either doesn't like change, is wet behind the ears with phones (and the English grammar), blind fanatic, or a newbie iPhone owner.

We eventually get sick and tired of anything, especially in cell phones. By the time my contract is up in 2012, I would be with iOS for about four years. I might want to change it up by then. It is like when I watched LOST and Family Guy. Loved both shows in the beginning. After awhile, my interest waned a bit with later seasons I didn't care for. Or like in marriages, couples are so happy in the beginning. After a few years, complacency creeps in. Even when the marriage is "perfect", it gets boring.

My next phone will likely not be from Apple. Variety is the spice of life. True, maybe those other phones won't be as polished as the iPhone and I may eventually be running back to something I am already used to with iOS. But I need to try alot of them out to be a true judge. It's like having a girlfriend. The iPhone is like the pretty ex-gf that you had many great times with. But even if the Android or Meego are not quite as pretty and inferior, you still want to have some fun with them. And perhaps they will do things better than iPhone. It is all about different experiences.

The PSP phone or the Nokia N9 will likely be my next phone. Meego is lookin' pretty sweet and the hardware for Android phones keeps improving and evolving.

18. aohus macrumors 68000

the OP is fail. he shows jpgs of the iPhone with spelling errors. what planet are you on guy.

and btw, swype on android just destroys your original claim, OP.

19. bossxii macrumors 68000

iPhone will always be the best because of one single fact....

It haz the wifi's!
    :)

20. gpatrick15 macrumors regular

No offense, but did you proof read any of this before you posted? Your editor would have a lot of work on his hands if you handed this in.

Also, although there were some good points, most of it comes off as weak, baseless, fanboy banter. I'm switching to iOS from Android, and looking at your review, do not find anything that I do not already know, or anything useful if I'm looking at it in the eyes of an unbiased potential buyer. If anything, I'd be turned away from iOS if I'm going by what you say .You praise the positives of iOS without pointing out the negatives (yes, the iPhone, just like everything, has negatives). Then, you point out the negatives of the other major OS' without mentioning the positives. Completely biased, unprofessional review.

21. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I tried to read as much as possible, but I just couldn't get through it. I feel that a Dictionary and a Thesaurus are greatly needed in your review. Now, I'm not a mean person, so that's all I will say on that subject.

I do want to remind you (OP) that to be a great, or even good journalist, one must be learn to be unbiased and report all the facts (positive or negative) to the reader, and your opinion does not matter, so leave that out. You are presenting the reader with enough information so that they can form their own opinion of a product and decide for themselves if that's a product they would like to own. Never say a feature or product SUCKS, say "Doesn't function as well as ..."

Also, how can you write an 'In Dept Review' of why the iPhone is better and then compare it to a Windows Phone 7 teaser trailer, without once actually using a Windows Phone 7 to do an accurate comparison? Windows Phone 7 looks promising and I myself am looking forward to giving it a try.

Android, Windows Phone 7, Web OS and iOS are all very good platforms and all bring something new and different to the table and provides the customer with options. Every device provides different functionality to different users, its not for you to decide what SUCKS or what doesn't.

22. iPhonePhreak macrumors member

I'd also like to add that you can turn your iPhone when typing for more space on the keyboard

23. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

One last thing (not Lastly).

To be a journalist, your going to have to learn to take criticism for your work a lot better than this and not remove your review because some people (all) are critiquing your method of writing. You asked us for our opinions of your work, and people are giving it to you.

24. ddavid macrumors regular

The OP apparently has hidden. It appears that his skin is the perfect thickness for being a journalist.

The thread is titled "In depth review of why the iPhone will always be the best."

There was no depth. There was no review. There was no always and there was no best. He did manage to say iPhone! He sounds like he should be on network news!