In Desperate need of help, MBP driving me insane. Won't Boot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 1creator, Mar 4, 2010.

1. 1creator macrumors member

So today at Uni I've been using my MBP to take notes among other things. Towards the end of the day, I open my MBP and it's at the log in screen after waking up from sleep. Everything is frozen and nothing would work. I perform a hard shiutdown and try to turn the computer on. Sleep light flashes once, optical drive does the usual sound, but I go straight away to a grey screen and the fans are spinning fast eventhough the computer is ice cold. I've tried the following:
    Reset the pram
    tried repairing using disk utilities
    reinstalled Mac osx

The only break through i got was when i safe booted and i was able to get to the log in screen, but the track pad and keyboard wouldn't work. So I used a usb mouse to restart the computer. MBP doesn't reboot and I'm back to square one.

Anyone know what else I can do?
    What the problem is?
    or how to properly erase and install Mac OS X. Because I'm not sure if i'm doing it right.

Any help is appreciated!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'd just take it to your nearest Apple Store or AARC.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Call apple or visit an authorized apple dealer,e.g., apple store.

4. 1creator thread starter macrumors member

Update

Problem solved

After resetting the pram and it didn't work I opened it up and noticed a loose connection on the Logic Board[PICTURE]. So i reconnected and did a safe boot. Everything ran normally and the computer booted. Mouse and keyboard both worked, just to make sure the problem won't happen again I reinstalled OS X.

Booted up my data from time machine, been working on the MBP for about an hour and a half and everything seems to be running fine.

I circled where the connection was loose

[​IMG]