In-Ear headphones broke, any suggestions to buy replacements for cheap?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AdventurousJosh, Apr 28, 2011.

1. AdventurousJosh macrumors 6502

hey guys.. my right head phone ear piece stopped working tonight. I had them in my pocket and guess I smashed it at some point in the night.

I do like them, in ear, good quality, controls. but they're expensive. I know theyve been out for awhile, anybody know a good place to buy them cheaper than retail?

Thanks,

Josh

2. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

If you're talking about the standard Apple set, they are ear buds and not in-ear. Apple also do a set of actual in-ear and these are double more costly than the standard set. Just figured that may help when trying to source a third party replacement. =]

3. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

you should post in the iphone accessories forum (or look around the other thousand threads like it).
    Don't get any cheap-o's off amazon/ebay etc, cause they'll be just that.

4. Orion126 macrumors regular

5. MikeNemat macrumors regular

Both the Apple in-ear headphones and the junk ones bundled with devices can be exchanged for free using support.apple.com. All you need is an Apple mobile device (iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone) that is still under warranty and Apple will send you a brand new pair! If you don't return the old ones in the box they provide, they will bill your credit card for the retail value.

6. AdventurousJosh thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks :) But I bought them brad new from ebay. I have the case, but the box isn't with me, even though my iPhone is still under warrenty/

7. nivekr11 macrumors regular

I had mine replaced through the phone warranty. you can do it online and they will send them to your house.