Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandrann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2017
I would like to clear the right side of the preview screen but not delete or mess up any messages, Like this.... I know you can get close by saying start new message but I know this is possible and just wonder how to do it....thanks in advance :)
Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 10.15.49 AM.png

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Can you force close the app and reopen? I think that's how it works with Mail on macOS. I can't understand why it would show something if no message is selected.

Edit: just noticed I was in iPad section. I don't have an iPad so I may be way off.

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
Its like that when I open it on my iPad. Doesn't show anything on right side until I choose a contact on the left side.

Dressagediva

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2017
I would like to clear the right side of the preview screen but not delete or mess up any messages, Like this.... I know you can get close by saying start new message but I know this is possible and just wonder how to do it....thanks in advance :) View attachment 683966

Hi I would also like to know how to do this. Did you find a way. Thanks

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
Here I am two weeks later and Messages still do exactly what you are asking. Open the app and the right column is empty until I choose a message in the left..

okwisdom21

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2017
I would like to clear the right side of the preview screen but not delete or mess up any messages, Like this.... I know you can get close by saying start new message but I know this is possible and just wonder how to do it....thanks in advance :) View attachment 683966

It's been awhile since this question has been asked, but I'd like to do the same thing and I don't see any information. Did anyone ever figure this out? Thanks in advance.

bazzaric

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2009
You could log out of Messages and then log back in, bit of a hassle though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.