In Memoriam -- Aurora: Composed By Hans Zimmer

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Prof., Jul 27, 2012.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

[​IMG]

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

3. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

Hard to tell from the sample iTunes is providing. Won't buy it till I can hear more.

4. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I like it. Very touching tribute from him.

Hans Zimmer is one of the best composers I have ever heard. From Lion King to Pearl Harbor to Batman and COD:MW2.

5. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Youtube is your friend.

Huge fan of Hans Zimmer. Inception, Last Samurai, The Holiday. All wonderful themes. This is very Hans Zimmer, but you can also hear a lot of sadness in the piece.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Nice piece. I bought it. especially since proceeds are going to the victims. I was just reading last night how some of them will be facing huge medical bills. (How can you work for Target full time and not have medical insurance??)

This music isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it is typically filmic. If someone ever did a movie about the Colorado shootings, this would accompany the immediate aftermath -- people crying and hysterical, everything filmed in slow motion, no audio dialogue...just the pure, mournful music.

It's powerful, all right. I was just listening to it as I typed this, and when it ended my iTunes library went to the next item in alphabetical order, the theme from The Avengers (Steed & Mrs. Peel). It's a very happy and upbeat tune, and you know what? After "Aurora", I had to stop it. No way was I in the mood for it.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Thanks for the tip. I went to youtube and listened to the whole piece.

My quibble is that it's too "generic". It's a lament that doesn't really speak of the event. It could the soundtrack for any tragedy.

8. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

It is easy to be critical. What would you do differently?

9. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

It's $1.29. Buy the damn song to help those effected pay for their $2,000,000 in medical bills. Yes, you read that right. $2,000,000! for ONE person!

10. malman89 macrumors 68000

The preview is awful.

The rest of the song isn't much better.

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'd have looked for a way to more closely relate the music to that specific incident.

For instance, I don't know what the Batman theme music is, but you could take a few notes from it and work it in ... or play off it. Also the song sounds vaguely Cletic/Gregorian chant-ish ... Colorado is neither of those. Somehow there needs to be a closer connection to the specific incident and not merely be a sad song.

Sorry to be critical. Those are just my responses to the piece.

12. ender land macrumors 6502a

My only complaint is Apple made some money because I bought it off iTunes instead of entering credit card info elsewhere, etc.