In my eyes, Silver is the best & most Apple-like 6 series color.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigBoyBmw760li, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBoyBmw760li macrumors member

BigBoyBmw760li

A lotta people here like Space gray and it is a nice color none-the-less. But to honest, I believe the 6 Series just like the 5s, looks best in silver. Why does it look best in Silver you might ask? Well because all Apple products like the Macbook are silver. Why not get a Silver Iphone to match that nice Macbook pro or desktop you have? Anyone else here agree? And Silver looks the most future proof out of all of the color options. Technology always improves rapidly especially in electronics; silver is one of those colors that define advancement. One might argue that space gray is more for a proffesional business environment which I can understand. But that kinda does not make sense because thats like saying a silver Bmw 7 series or a Benz s550 is not "business" like simply because it's silver?:rolleyes:

I always here these lames joking around saying "ohh silver/gold is for girls" This could be true for the gold color but how come I always get compliments from hot ladies regarding my silver 6 series? Are you really gonna be one of the majority of the guys with a typical space gray 6er hitting on that bimbo at that frat party friday night? Because the last several guys tryin to bag most likely have a space gray as well.

And I really find this white bezel argument hilarious. Are guys saying you are more drawn to the white bezel than the content that you are viewing on a large screen already? Note that ios on most of the popular apps like Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Safari are in white. So one can argue that viewing content looks better on a white phone because it simply blends in better. Just like how watching movies is nice with a black screen.

And lastly re-sale time, you always see the silver or gold being sold at higher prices because it is almost a more desirable color to own because less people have it.(in this sense I AM talking about your network of friends) If get what I am saying.

Anyone else here agree? I like all of em' but Silver looks the most Apple-like in my eyes. :cool:

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I think the phones look great in all of the colors. I have always had black/space gray phones so I decided to go with white/silver this time. I do not think one color is more superior than others, however.

3. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

Silver looks best because black is gone. Silver/gold are still garbage because of the white bezels. My opinion.

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I've always gone with black / dark colours in the past but decided to get a silver 6 and iPad this time around and love the change in colour :)

5. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

I still wish there was a black and silver option (instead of only black and space grey).

6. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Why are you always comparing phones to cars? Who gives a damn what car (or phone) someone else prefers or in what color?

Good effin' grief.

I've owned all the colors. Except space gray and slate. That's my husband's thing. I did own a black 3G and a black 4.

I just, you know, bought the one I liked. What with me being the end user.

----------

That's why my new 6 plus and iPad Air 2 are gold. I've had silver since the 2nd 4 I bought and wanted a change.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I do not like silver for my iPhones. I do not like Space Gray or any of the other colors for my iPhone.

I DO like Black/Slate for my iPhone. Which is a major reason why I am still using my iPhone 5 and NOT a 5s or a 6/6+. Apple does not offer Black/Slate as a color option any more.

That was, more than anything else, the deal killer for me for getting anything newer than the iPhone 5.

8. SwingOnThis macrumors regular

I have a Silver 6 so needless to say im heading to a frat party tonight.

9. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

I am a little confused here, where's this 'Silver' color for the iPhone 6 ? I'd buy that in a heartbeat. My Wife has the HTC One M8 in 'Glacial Silver' the whole phone is a silver aluminum look = front / rear/ sides, etc..

All I see at the stores are white or black colors for the iPhone. Sure the rear of the phone have two options, gold or silver, but I would never even see the rear of my phone as I use a case. And everyone else I know; family, friends, coworkers, I'd say 99% also cover their smartphones with a case. So you only see the front of the phone, never the back color.

Is there a Silver front for the iPhone 6 like the HTC One ?

10. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

I think it looks the best too but I can't use it as good! The white bezels are too distracting! My wife has a silver i5 and it looks great but I'll always go with black because the screen just floats and is easier on my eyes.

11. liquidsuns macrumors 6502

In my eyes, Silver is the best & most Apple-like 6 series color.

Is this seriously a thing you said?

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I like the silver back, but not the white front.

13. technosix macrumors 6502a

I most certainly agree.

14. technosix macrumors 6502a

Exactly my feelings.

15. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

"Silver", aka White, is classic Apple. The Black is sleek but the silver is classic.

Gold on the other hand, perfect for instagramming 24/7 females with fitness bodies. I'd be confused by a dude who'd opt to get it but that's none of my beezwax.

16. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

I have a gold 5s and i think it was the best color of that series. Now with the 6+ i went with space greay because they went with what looks like a different shade of gold that looks a bit tacky. Not too mention the antenna lines stick out like a sore thumb in that color.

I need a case anyways so it wont really matter

17. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.