In my opinion, iPhone4 will be the first generation of iPhone that looks good

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sjn419, Jun 20, 2010.

1. sjn419 macrumors regular

The curved back and outdated large chrome bezel never did it for me. As opposed to the 4 which is rediculously good looking with it's straight hard lines and more modern form

2. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

the original was good looking, but I've never been a fan of the 3g/s

3. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I actually liked the look of the 3G when it first came out, but now I'm kind of tired of it. So I'm glad the new phone has a different look. I'm actually more happy that the back is flat, because that means no more wobbling when using it on a flat surface.

4. jordand321 macrumors member

I'm guessing you have never seen the original iPhone :D:D:D

5. photojonny macrumors member

Agree completely.

6. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

It looks plain and square to me with too much real estate taken up on the screen. I like the Droid's screen real estate. But I love the iPhone, so I'm sticking with it. I'm just surprised at how plain it looks, IMO.

7. Savor Suspended

Savor

I think iPhone 4 is the first time Apple got it right inside/out and front to back.

The 2G had a great design but since it was the first, it lacked the features and polish inside. Mines crashed all the time. The 3G/3GS were just minimal upgrades, but I hated the scratch prone plastic back. The chrome bezel was nice and shiny but also attracted scratches. Even the aluminum back of the 2G got scraped by my car keys. The flat lines of the 4 will also make me hold it in landscape mode better when I take photos. I wasn't a fan of the 4's design at first when I saw it leaked at Gizmodo, but it has grown on me. Apple can cheapen out next year by bringing back the plastic curved back.

More features, better hardware, more efficient battery life, and durability from the front and back make the iPhone 4 a must-buy. I was completely sold the first time I saw the keynote because I knew Apple corrected their earlier mistakes. They took some of the legendary Nokia N95's features from 2007 and improved on it. The iPhone I dreamed about three years ago finally exist and I'll get my hands on it in 4 more days.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

2G was great, 3G/S was disappointing, 4 looks hot.

9. BobHail macrumors 6502a

3G/3GS would have been perfect if it had a matte back, just like the Incipio Feather case. Then I wouldn´t have even had to buy the Incipio case.

iPhone 4 looks good, but I´m worried about the sharp edges. Maybe it will feel uncomfortable in hand, because of those sharp edges?

Probably have to buy the Incipio Feather case for the iPhone 4 too. :(

Why can´t they just make an iPhone that you don´t have use with a case!!!???

10. Gigzz macrumors regular

Agreed completely. There's room to make the viewable screen much bigger on the iphone without increasing it's overall footprint.

11. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

i liked them all. but the 4 is def the best looking

12. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

You know... You really don't need a case for your iPhone... The only time my phone gets beat up is when it's in my pocket. What I'll be doing is gettin somemsort of box case that I can snap my iphone into for when its in my pocket; this way I am not covering up the sexiness of my phone every time it's used :D

13. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

I've rocked all three of my iPhones caseless and plan the same with this one. Cases ruin the look and add thickness. Sure, some scratches on the back, but the screens have never had a scratch or crack and I'm careful enough not to drop it. I carry it in my front pocket too.