In need of an app that remembers locations/POI

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Sapa, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Sapa macrumors newbie

Is there a location reminder app that anyone uses? Say I'm walking in London and see a restaurant I want to remember, ideally I'd like to be able to use just one app that records that location and allows me to add a description or photograph to it. I could then have my different locations sorted into folders, e.g. Shops, Restaurants, etc.

2. twilaweicu macrumors newbie

I have the west and it there is a v2 update I got. Yet I also purchased the central maps(car camera) in v1 and those are missing in V2. Can't even see exactly where to purchase them. If you bought other regions maps you could possibly would like to wait to determine if this gets sorted out. They do list the in app acquire of other regions for V2 also so it need to be there.

----------

So what's the difference among the "Latest Map Guarentee" and "Navigon FhresMaps XL"?

Newest Map Guarantee:
    Guarantees you the most up-date maps all the time! Immediately after installing the app, you can expect to automatically have access for the most recent maps from the market leaders NAVTEQ?

NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:?
    Continually have the most recent maps with NAVIGON FreshMaps XL! Update your device every quarter with all the most up-to-date map updates from the experts. Your device shall be kept proper up to date and can not merely include alterations and additions towards the road network, but in addition a whole load of new particular destinations. This increases security, reduces stress and saves time!

3. Sapa thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know if that reply was supposed to be to this thread but anyway,

If anyone else is reading and looking for a similar app, I was recommended Pin Drop from another forum. So far it looks like exactly the sort of thing I was after though I've yet to try it out properly. It's free from the app store.