In order to hide the antenna's...how would you feel if the 7 was designed like older iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VertPin, Dec 10, 2015.

1. VertPin macrumors 6502

VertPin

Obviously, the iPhone 7 is going to sport a new design. However, the question ponders...will Apple choose to hide the antenna lines? Will they intend to hide them similarly to the iPhone 4 or 5 series?

I personally think they're ugly, and the fan outcry on the internet did bring enough attention to let Apple know that not a lot of the people are a fan of them. Can the user choose to ignore them? Yup, and I certainly will as long as the 7 sports a design similar to the 6. Would I prefer that the 7 hides them well enough to where it was harder to see (unless you looked hard --while keeping the same cell bands and great reception)? Of course!

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

They don't really need to be there if they dropped insert windows in.

3. decafjava macrumors 68020

decafjava

I think the outcry was exaggerated personally. However, if hiding them also means a thicker body with a more robust battery I'm all for it.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The antenna lines do not bother me. I get great reception so Apple has done its homework. Great RF characteristics are way more important that how ones phone looks.

5. Skika macrumors 68030

Why would you want a thicker phone? I want it to be as thin as an ipod touch. There is always battery cases for those who want thick phones with 2 day battery life.

6. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

Never really understood the hate for the antenna lines. Alright, maybe back when we were all using a 3GS and the iPhone 4 design was leaked. Apart from that, I've never had a problem with them and they must be working just fine if the 4/4S/5/5S/6/6S have used them.

If Apple can get find a new design then fine. I would like to see something done like the Nexus 6P.

[​IMG]

Ignore that hideous black hump on the 6P and look at the aluminium body with the small grey plastic at the bottom of the device. It reminds me of what the original iPhone had (but just not black):

[​IMG]

7. Berthacrowley macrumors member

Berthacrowley

I keep my phone in a case (non-clear) at all times so the antenna lines have never bothered me.

8. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Putting an antenna in a smart phone continues to be a problem. I saw some statistics recently that said the reception on older plastic phones was seven times better than present day Aluminium smart phones.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I actually prefer the "hideous" black hump. Actually, neither design looks bad to me, but between those two, I prefer the Nexus' design.

10. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

My phones go from the box to a case. So the antenna lines don't bother me.

That said, I wish we could have something like the iPhone 5/5s design. That was the best looking iPhone design EVER. IMO.

11. Pnr2020 macrumors member

Pnr2020

12. lordhamster macrumors 6502a

Ignore the antenna lines, I want a thicker phone with a bigger (perhaps even hot-swapable battery)

13. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

14. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

The antenna lines didn't really matter because everyone who complained about them during the leaked picture phase bought the phone anyway. That said, I want the glass and aluminum design back.

15. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

Personally I don't mind the antenna lines. Not the prettiest thing but they do break up the back a little.

This would be nice but now the competitors have stopped doing it the chances are below zero. :(

16. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I couldn't care less about the antenna lines. I use a case on all of my phones.

17. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

It kind of make you wonder how something like the antenna line disturb someone that bad. Even if I used my phone naked, the line do not bother me. I, like you, use a case and never see them.

RF capability rules for me and the current antenna works very well.

18. VertPin thread starter macrumors 6502

VertPin

while it looks okayish on most models, in space grey it looks awful.

19. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I can't remember how it looked on my SG. I didn't pay any attention when I unboxed it.

20. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I think it looks about equally as bad for all models. Gotten used to it though, it's okay.

I just think the space gray looks bad, it's like the same color as the silver for the white iPhone. I want somthing between the iPhone 5 and 5S. 5 was sexy, but a little too dark I think. 5S I think looked awesome because it had good contrast between the black glass on the back and the gray aluminum, but just maybe a little darker would be good.

21. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I agree. All I ask is Apple not make the iPhone 7 thinner. Hopoe
    Sorry but I think you are too worried about how the phone looks while I am interested in how well it works. I love the performance of my phone and do not wish to go back and relive history.

22. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I don't absolutely hate the antenna lines, but still think it would've been nicer with glass inserts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

I loved the glass on the iPhone 4/4s, but I'm thinking it would make the Plus a bit heavy.