In regards to the MBP unibody V/S the previous gen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by one1, Jan 14, 2012.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

I know this is answered, but these search terms are impossible.

I have a 17" 2.6 MBP from 08 that is all silver and I am partial to the black keys and black gloss trim of the 09+. As most of us have already spent thousands to get the machine we like, I am not much interested in upgrading....... but would love to have a black keyboard. Is this an option by ANYONE for the earlier all silver MBP? As my sig indicates I have mostly all newer machines and this is just not worth upgrading for keyboard vanity.

2. chillfrilla macrumors member

why?? theres no point

and no u cant unless u want cheap china knockoffs off ebay

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Your easiest option is a keyboard cover. KBCovers are pretty good from my experience, not sure how they compare on price (mine was a gift).

jW

4. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you I'll give them a shot. If I go too far on looking for a keyboard cover I'll likely not even get a plain black one. LOL. :)

I'm trying to source a silver carbon skin for the non unibody 17" MBP like this silver one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Carb...tDomain_0&hash=item1c2016ceff#ht_12871wt_1413

......and it is proving impossible. Most are for the unibody. I guess my keyboard cover choice will depend on if I find that skin. I have never dressed up my macs, and I've had pretty much everything that has been out out in the last ten years short of a mac mini. I decided to mess with this one since I have a light scratch to cover up to the right of the apple seen here ;).

[​IMG]