In Secret Documents, Anti-Gay Marriage Group Looked To Divide Gays, Blacks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FreeState, Mar 26, 2012.

1. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

So Christlike of the National Organization of Marriage. Lets whip up racial tensions towards gays! Thats what Jesus would do to keep equal familiar rights ways from gays and their children! /sarcasm

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpolitics/in-secret-documents-anti-gay-marriage-group-plott

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow. I knew they were evil but this goes way beyond evil. "Let's get two groups of people to hate each other." Holy ****!

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Here's my free marketing advice for the gays on this.

Take old pictures of racist signs like no blacks allowed or colored drinking fountain. Change blacks or colored to gay. Win!

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

It's already been done, some time ago actually. ;)

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Blacks and Latinos are already inclined to be against gay marriage due to religious participation. All they are doing is motivating them to actually vote. The black vote is likely what screwed gays over in California as 70% (the highest of any demographic) voted to ban gay marriage while voting for Obama.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2008/11/70-of-african-a.html

And the formerly oppressed have become the oppressor.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Did you look at when this was implemented? 2008 elections mean anything? And look at the language used I mean, "drive a wedge between..."? Really? That's a lot more than getting someone to vote. That's encouraging animosity and hatred. And these people claim to be Christian? This is disgusting, zombie. And it is not defensible.

7. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Stating that the Religious are Christians is a bald-faced lie, I think you will agree Lee.

8. FreeState thread starter macrumors 68000

FreeState

This has been shown to be false - its a false poll NOM very much wants you to repeat.

http://rodonline.typepad.com/rodonl...lls-exaggerated-black-support-for-prop-8.html

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Blacks, maybe. Latinos though, no. Not at the same rate. Although we have the infection of "religion" to thank for that. Religion is fine, but leave it in the church and leave it to the individuals. It should not be used to enshrine laws into being in the US for the simple reason we are not a theocracy and there is more then just one religion practiced in this country.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Might I remind you too, that Mexico City legalized same sex marriage quite a while ago. I have many latino friends, and they are all for same sex marriage.

11. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I believe that NOM is so blinded by their hatred of gays, that they would make a pact with devil. :(
    I have heard that there is a link to anti gay feelings and laws in Africa, and rise in fundamental christian groups out of the USA?

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes, that's what I meant by the infection of religion. The American "christian" anti-gay views are not only being spread in the USA, but also abroad in Africa through missionary outreach programs. Like a virus. It's easier for them to shape things the way they want without those pesky American laws and politics getting in the way.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh yes, they have. Some have backed laws requiring the death penalty for gay people. Trust me, that is their ultimate goal for this country as well. They just know they can't get away with it here.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

NAACP Denounces National Organization for Marriage Memo

Well, this is certainly positive:

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2012/03/29/NAACP_Denounces_NOM_Memo/

15. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I'm going to kidnap and hog tie these people and explain to them what the Bible REALLY says.

Maybe then these idiots will wake up and realize they're not to be hating or judging anyone and being gay is really OK! (If it wasn't God wouldn't make gay people!). Do they really think God would be proud of their hatred, bigotry, and malice towards others???

Not to mention no where does it say "marriage is between a man and a woman" so I still don't understand why marriage isn't an equal right for all. (Not to mention separation of Church and state!)

16. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

[​IMG]

17. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
  18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

By that logic if god didnt want people brutally murdered he wouldnt create murderers and thus god willingly allows and enjoys people being brutally murdered.

If god existed he would be the biggest piece of **** ever.

19. malman89 macrumors 68000

None of this is surprising in any way. People are crazy.

20. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

And if he doesn't, he is the biggest ******** construct ever.

21. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I'm not going to turn this religious, my original post was aimed at the religious nuts who twist what the Bible says and make the rest of us look bad. (I'm a Christian who is 100% for gay marriage and if I were a preacher I'd do ceremonies for gay people).

Also I was talking about uncontrollable things, murders can choose not to murder someone, gay people cannot chose to be straight.

22. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Odd way to put it, but not exactly correct. One is not a murderer until one has committed a murder. That is the only distinction between a murderer and and one who is not – this also holds for the theology that places sin in the heart instead of the act: if you earnestly desire to commit a murder and are held up against the sin-in-the-heart doctrine, you must be considered a murderer as opposed to a person who has never had such a desire.

Once "murderer" applies to you, it cannot ever not apply to you, even with absolution. The act (or desire) defines an aspect of who you are. Thus, given the occasion, a murderer (as defined by a prior sin) does indeed have the ability to choose whether or not to murder again.

The real question is not whether gays can choose (some people, like bi's, really can choose) but whether homosexuality is in fact sinful. It would be interesting to find out how many people truly consider it a sin and whether circumstance or logic might convince them to adopt a different position.

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You could say, being Devil's Advocate, that murderers can choose whether to act on their murderous instincts or to remain "non-practising murderers"...

24. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

OMG, I pray that reformed murderers are not like the "others". :eek: