In-Store AT&T Preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tg716, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Tg716 macrumors newbie

I was able to walk into my AT&T store at 7am EDT and preordered a 16gb Black.

Is there any word on what the shipment date is going to be for the inshore preorders? I've heard everything from they have their own separate stock that I'll be getting it from so I'll have it on 21st to beginning of October.

Does anyone have insight as to what is happening with in-store preorders?

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

It should say it on your receipt. If you preordered that early, you should be fine. However, my local store is reporting 14-21 days.

3. Tg716 thread starter macrumors newbie

I looked all over my receipt and couldn't really find anything that was convincing as to a delivery date. I'm trying to get any info out of AT&T.coms order status link, but it's giving me the "orders placed within last 24 hours may not show up immediately and of course I'm too impatient to handle that. My card has been charged in full and it shouldn't have gone through later that 7:10am?

4. Lupyman macrumors newbie

My didn't say on the receipt. If you go to wireless.att.com/order_status you can check using your wireless number. I was told in-store that it would be 14-21 days, but the website doesn't mention an estimated arrival, only that it's pending shipment.

5. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

pre-ordered mine in store. 14-21 BUSINESS DAYS. The nice thing is that you can avoid having to ship it to the billing address on the account if you do it in-store.

6. Tg716 thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually just got the order status thing to work and it has my order as "processing" no shipping dates or really anything else listed.
    I called the store a few times preceding my visit this morning and was told that I should be just fine getting it on the 21st if I was that early pre-ordering in store so I avoided online ordering. I really hope that I didn't get shafted and charged the full amount for a phone that I'm not going to get for another 3-4 weeks...

7. Tg716 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was actually just speaking with an AT&T online support rep, and she wouldn't give me any certainty that I would get the phone on the 21st, she did say that

"however, you will be amongst the very first to receive it"

Which is either a very sly way of her telling me that I should get it on the 21st, or just a cookie cutter answer... I hope the former as I usually pride myself on being overly polite to support staff as I am one of them myself...