Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
At my local store they turned people back who came early. Why? Because there are other people waiting in line for the timeframe of current time.
I dropped by a store today and the employee’s suggestion was as follows:

1. Show up 5 minutes before the beginning of your reservation. They will help you if there’s no one waiting from the previous window. Ideally, get in and out quickly.
2. There will be one line for people without a reservation and a separate line for people with a reservation.
3. The reserved line will be first come, first served for the current window. If there’s no one waiting for the current window, they will help people in the next window. I did not ask about if you are over 30 minutes early or late.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
IM just gonna show up and go in the line thats first come first serve and just say I was told by your live support I could come early if I lien up in this one and wait...

Worst case scenario I have to go home which is a 5-10 min walk lol and wait...

gusping

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2012
I’m worried now, with all that I’m hearing about pickups. Apple should be much clearer on their website what the whole process entails. I’m going to go an hour early to my slot, worst comes to worst i have to wait an hour.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
I ordered a welkin screen shield for pickup, she and email ays its ready to pick up (yesterday) yet my order page says its still processing and not received any emails...

...Worried the same will happen with my iPhone :(

gusping

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2012
What do they need to be more clear on? Its states to come during a 30 minute window. Not before lol.
We don’t know if we keep the phone if we miss our slot, if we pay on the day or before etc.

Reactions: Mxbzz

ps3zocker

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
My order is still in progress... and I'm supposed to pick up the device tomorrow morning... :(

Don't worry. That's perfectly normal. It was the same with my Apple Watch Series 3. It seems like these pre-orders don't get the additional status "Dispatched to store" which other in-store pickup orders get when it's not pre-order time, because they are being dispatched in bulk.

Reactions: Spacemaster

iToph

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
Only 23 hours remain for me to wait. That week has tested out my load-bearing capacity af.

Personally, im not worried about the status saying "processing items". If anything was wrong, we should have known it by now.

9:00 - 9:30 Cologne Schildergasse :D

ales876

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2016
Germany
Guys don't worry. The pick up orders have only three status:

Order in progress
Ready for pick up
Picked up

So all good. I believe a few hours before your check in Date you get an email saying it's Ready for pick up.

Enjoy the last hours!

kermontg

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
North Carolina
I know for a fact that last year they didn't hold them...so unless something changed this year...well hope the online person is right lol

I'm just going to assume that its the store you visited. If so, I will cause hell If I ordered something they said is ready for pick up and there when I pick it if I'm late or not. Clearly, that store manager was not following the process.

pcorrado

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm just going to assume that its the store you visited. If so, I will cause hell If I ordered something they said is ready for pick up and there when I pick it if I'm late or not. Clearly, that store manager was not following the process.

Last year I thought the process was in store reservations (at least for IUP) so you did not purchase before arriving at store. Once at the store, then the purchase happened. This year you are purchasing first, then picking up. I would imagine normal store pick up rules apply.

Reactions: kermontg

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
I ordered my iPhone x from vodafone. They gave all pre order customers from 9am Friday until 11pm Saturday to pick it up. Otherwise they'l return your iphone x to stock and provide a refund.

I of course, am going to be outside the vodafone doors at 9am sharp tommorow.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
The pending charge on my debit card was released overnight. I believe there is a banking rule here in the states that regulates how long a pending transaction can be held (5 days?), which is why the pending charge will be released. If this happens to you, don't worry; the charge will go through tomorrow when our phones are ready to be picked up.

Reactions: applewatch and Tim7

cgriffis753

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2010
Michigan
The pending charge on my debit card was released overnight. I believe there is a banking rule here in the states that regulates how long a pending transaction can be held (5 days?), which is why the pending charge will be released. If this happens to you, don't worry; the charge will go through tomorrow when our phones are ready to be picked up.
Can confirm what you said. I chatted with apple to confirm this morning and they said the same thing

Reactions: applewatch

tttt123

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
Man.. I am happy if found this forum. I also order from apple.com, ATT 256GB Space Grey iPhone X with in-store pickup.

So this is what i know..
I ordered the black folio case, it has changed it status several times (Order In Progress, Shipping to Store, Ready for Pickup). My iPhone still shows Order In Progress with a pickup time tomorrow morning. My bank does not show the pending transaction anymore for the iPhone. I talked to chat yesterday and they said it will be there.
Just relieved to see others are seeing the same thing.

Tim7

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Gravesend, Kent, UK
Same thing happened to me in the UK.

applewatch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
NorCal
Order's still processing, nothing new on that front
Hey, so I checked my Chase account this morning and saw that the pending transaction of $1243.79 from the Apple Store was removed. So I called Chase and from their end they can still see the transaction, meaning it's about to get posted and you're about to get fully charged.
[doublepost=1509635595][/doublepost]
Ok so now the pending charge is no more.
I'm in the same boat as you!

Hopefully it gets charged tonight!

Reactions: SHKLMRE
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.