In store wait time for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan115, Sep 9, 2012.

1. AppleFan115 macrumors regular

Mar 8, 2012
    How long have those of you that have preordered iPhones wait in the preorder line to get your iPhone. I preordered the iPad this year and was in line for less than a minute and out if the store within 10 mins. Does it take longer for an iPhone. It's will be my first time preordering for an iPhone to pick-up. Thanks.
  2. tbayrgs macrumors 603

Jul 5, 2009
    I don't think they've offered preorder for pickup on launch day (in the US) for the last few models. Apple had reserve for pickup shortly after launch but not on 1st day of the launch.
  3. FFocuSS macrumors member

Jul 5, 2011
    I preordered the iPhone 4 two years ago for store pick-up, and I waited for around 4-5 hours in line on the day it came out. Granted, I picked it up in a big city, but it was pretty ridiculous. I regretted not getting it shipped to my house.
  4. tbayrgs macrumors 603

Jul 5, 2009
    I stand corrected. I always do home delivery so couldn't remember exactly.
  5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Dec 30, 2010
    You will get answers of 5 minutes to 5 hours. Your time can be anywhere in between. All depends on how many phones they have, how many people show up that particular day, how much staff they have.

If you look at past postings, you will find people on the same day in the same city getting the same phone spend many hours different.

Lots of variables.

Sort of like asking :"If I go down to Walmart next Tuesday for milk, will there be 1, 2,3 4 or 5 people ahead of me in line?"