Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knoxville3G

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2008
Knoxville, TN
The 3GS, which records videos as well as taking still shots, puts videos in the "camera roll" section and shows a little video camera icon on the first image in the video denoting it as a video. This is a known feature, not a new OS 4.0 feature.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
The 3GS, which records videos as well as taking still shots, puts videos in the "camera roll" section and shows a little video camera icon on the first image in the video denoting it as a video. This is a known feature, not a new OS 4.0 feature.
Okay so this is only for the camera roll.. but if i have little videos in an iphoto photo album, those aren't viewable in the album on the phone right?

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2009
Yes, if you have videos in an iPhoto album that is then synced to your phone through iTunes, you can include the videos. There's a checkbox in iPhone's summary page in iTunes under the potos syncing section to include videos.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Yes, if you have videos in an iPhoto album that is then synced to your phone through iTunes, you can include the videos. There's a checkbox in iPhone's summary page in iTunes under the potos syncing section to include videos.
Well gee wiz you're right - that box has been unchecked on my iTunes for a long time! I'm glad to finally have it checked :D. Thanks!

Mods, you can close this thread now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.