In which country is the iPhone most popular?

audix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
For all you international folks, how many people do you see with an iPhone in your area? In Europe, Windows phone is popular. I know here in the Southeast of the United State, Apple is massively popular. The concentration of people with iPhones in my hub is very high.

I think I've seen one Galaxy S3. Making those phones pretty rare gems.

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
the iPhone is definitely the most popular smart phone where I live in Canada. You almost never see androids or blackberries.

audix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
I might have to say China I mean the way they went c r a z y for the 4S.. which in retrospect...

I know that it's just as popular in France, but moreso because they say, "I have a phone made by Apple, it's from America," I should be there to see that one day.

rick3000

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
West Coast
I traveled to fourteen countries in January, I saw the iPhone everywhere, on par with the US. However, there is a distinction between how popular it is, and how many you see.

I do think the iPhone is the most popular among people that can afford smartphones. For instance, I saw iPhones everywhere in all the high end areas I visited, but very few iPhones in the less wealthy areas. There is a distinction between the popularity and how many you may actually see.

xAgustinx

macrumors regular
May 22, 2012
In Mexico, is very popular; actually, on my last vacation in Ixtapa, during an event (Food & Wine 2012), almost everybody had iphones (and I have seen that white color is the most used).

audix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
This is how Google Insights breaks it down by regional interest:

1. Singapore

2. Cambodia

3. Hong Kong

4. Vietnam

5. Lebanon

6. United States

7. Australia

8. Laos

9. Turkmenistan

10. Switzerland

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
Well, down here in Toronto, there are A LOT of BlackBerries, a lot of Androids as well. Out of about 20 people I can think of right now, only 4 have iPhones.
I'm in Halifax, a lot smaller of a city than Toronto lol