In your opinion there will be a major refresh of AW 4 faces any soon?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ipaddaro, Oct 24, 2018.

1. ipaddaro macrumors regular

I mean... the screen is bigger, but most faces seem to take no adavantage of it. The faces with analog clock seem too small to me, the clock is not closer enough to the bezels, there is a lot of empty space (of course, usable for complications in a certain amount).

There is also no "square" watch option (similar to hermes faces); i hope they'll release one with this style, but i'm afraid they won't do it in order to push people to buy hermes edition. There is only one option that offers something similar that is liquid metal, but you have to wait the animation to see the hours marks...

so.. do you expect any update in the next months due to the new design, or in your opinion the only addition for AW4 are the new faces added together with the release of the watch?

thank you!

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You might see the odd new face turn up, like the Pride face did earlier this year but I don't expect to see a major refresh offering new faces until the next version of watchOS is released in September next year.

3. ipaddaro thread starter macrumors regular

i see.. i'd just like the circle faces become bigger if they don't want to add a square face...

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

People have been asking for a rectangular analogue watchface since the watch was first released but Apple seem determined to restrict them to the expensive Hermes models. :(

5. ipaddaro thread starter macrumors regular

it's the first AW i own... i didn't know this.

In any case i think that circular analog faces as they are were most suitable for old AW with smaller screen.. not they could take advantage of thinner bezels and rounded corners.. also the complications of the old faces seem not to take advantage of this.

6. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

Probably not, since most faces are now utilized on different sized screens across watch models.

7. ipaddaro thread starter macrumors regular

mmm... what a shame.

at least let’s hope that all the compications will be available for the faces soon (especially for the SO limited infograph faces)

8. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I would expect (hope) they do indeed bring the missing complications to Infograph soon.
    It seems like they intended the new "Favorites" complication to be a replacement for Mail, Messages, and Phone complications. The problem is I want to check my messages from everyone at a glance, not just one person.

I submitted feedback to Apple about this. Hopefully if they hear from enough people, they will add the missing complications to the new faces:
    https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

9. ipaddaro thread starter macrumors regular

also hope we will be able to choose the color for infograph face...