In your opinion, which iphone 5 color looks better when playing apps/videos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DAneil808, Oct 22, 2012.

1. DAneil808 macrumors member

Im planning on getting one soon and cant really decide. Physically, I dont think theres a wrong choice between white or black, they both look really good. However I do plan on watching movies and playing games on the phone. I've heard that the black one is better for watching movies but at the same time I've also read that the white background makes the screen look nicer as well. What do you guys think?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say the color of the phone doesn't have any affect on playing videos or games. Get the color you like the best and/or cover it it up with a case.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

This for the most part. I will say for apps that are not optimized for the i5 yet the black looks better for the simple fact the letter-boxing is less noticeable.

4. aleni macrumors 68020

the black makes the screen blending nicely with the bezel. but i hate smudges on the back of the black iphone 5 so i bought the white.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Then flip a coin. It's about as useful as polling for random opinions.

6. Ahonen macrumors 6502

Ahonen

I've always had black iPhones but this time I went white because it just looked so good. I can honestly say I haven't noticed a difference at all. I don't play many games apart from Cribbage and Simpsons Tapped Out, but I watch a lot of Netflix and I browse a lot, and I never even thought about the color difference until I saw someone mention it on the forums. To me, white or black makes no difference, I just don't noticed it.

7. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

With the white iPhone you'll always have a black border around the screen, and in using one for just a few minutes I noticed that my eyes had trouble adjusting to the white border while reading an article. This may be something that one would just get used to, but it bothered me enough to make me stick to the black.