Incase 15" Neoprene Sleeve only $9.99 with Free Shipping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nate025, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Nate025 macrumors regular

I stumbled across this post in the Macbook forum, dug a little deeper, and found this:
    On sale at bestbuy.com is the Incase Laptop Sleeve, which normally runs $49.99, for only $9.99 with free shipping!

Product Features

* Designed to fit MacBook Pro laptops with screens up to 15"
    * Also compatible with PowerBook laptops up to 15" and iBook laptops up to 14"
    * Soft neoprene material withstands wear and tear; plush fur lining
    * Soft-lined pocket for AC adapter and cables
    * Comfortable, ergonomic shoulder strap

Also available at the same price are the "Pretty In Pink" series. :eek:

This is an "online only" offer and seeing how the 13" sleeves sold out like hot cakes, I'd say this is a very limited time special. Enjoy! :D

2. Ampidire macrumors 6502

Ampidire

Bought the shoulder bag!

Thanks for the link!

3. Spoolin414 macrumors newbie

4. tivoboy macrumors 68030

5. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I bought one, doesn't seem to be backordered. thanks for the heads up OP!

6. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

I use this daily, and it fits both MBPs (classic and unibody) in my opinion just fine (not at once).

7. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

doesn't work for Canada :( I wanted that one and was going to buy it eventually.

8. six.four macrumors 6502

the 15.4" black incase is NOT neoprene.

it is nylon (I was really hoping it would be neoprene)

I purchased one monday and it just shipped yesterday.

There was a 15.4" tucano second skin neoprene sleeve that was sold earlier this week for $7.99 - but has since sold out.

9. Nate025 thread starter macrumors regular

To explain further for anyone reading:

There are both nylon and neoprene offerings for the 15" Macbook by Incase.

-The current model nylon is a messenger bag, with handles and shoulder strap, which has a soft-lined pocket for the laptop, a velcro'd sleeve on the back, as well as a pouch in the front.

-The neoprene sleeve "plus" offers the basic neoprene sleeve with handles and a shoulder strap.

What Best Buy is offering is a neoprene sleeve, with handles and a shoulder strap, which appears in the pictures as a nylon bag. As mentioned somewhere in the thread I included above is that this could be an older model of the cases currently offered by Incase. So...is it neoprene or nylon? I don't know, do your own research.

But regardless, you're getting a $50 product for ten bucks.

Cheers.

10. six.four macrumors 6502

That was a severely convoluted post.

Let me simplify - the BLACK incase that you linked is NYLON (from a legacy line). It is not in the current incase line of products.

Look up the model number: CL57054

11. santiv macrumors newbie

I needs to protect my new precious 15" 2.8 mbp. I should still have some money leftover for sleeping at the bus shelters and a new laptop case. Just purchased it, thanks for the headsup!

12. south8212 macrumors 6502

thanks for the heads up i grabbed a couple of them

13. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

And its still really nice and a good price. :cool:

Had one for a previous laptop and loved it.

14. Nate025 thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't think, and still don't, that what I posted was so complicated to figure out, but alrighty! I'll expound further:

My opinion is, and has been, that Best Buy is describing the sleeve as Neoprene whereas the picture in the ad shows a Nylon case.

What I described in the OP was taken off the ad and should in no way, shape, or form be misconstrued as my opinion: Nor should my opinion be taken as anything other than complete nonsense and total fiction in the purest sense of the word. What people reading this thread should do, however, is click the link at the top over to the Bestbuy.com website and, if they like what they see, pick up one of these bags before the sale is over or they run out of product.

I hope viewers are experienced enough to see the sleeve pictured in the ad is not made of a Neoprene material, and much resembles the Nylon bag which is offered in Apple Stores. If not, I think the issue of what material these bags are made of is covered extensively enough in this thread that this issue be laid to rest.

As a side note: My humblest apologies for attempting to contribute something I thought would be a positive addition to this otherwise, somewhat less-than-happy forum. I'll not make that mistake again, unless the sleeve is made of Neoprene. :D

Best to all.

15. codyst macrumors regular

codyst

No where in the link does it even mention the word "neoprene".

16. six.four macrumors 6502

hey relax - we all appreciate your post. I wasn't trying to give you a hard time or anything and I apologize if you felt that way.

Like I said in my earlier post, I ordered one monday, scheduled to deliver the coming monday. I'll let you know what I receive.

17. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

No body was trying to give you are hard time, just to point out that the thing that is on sale is in fact a nylon sleeve instead of a neoprene sleeve. If we didn't care we wouldn't have corrected you, and if we really really didn't care we wouldn't have all ordered it. ;) :p

18. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

quote taken directly from the Best Buy Link in OP. I'm not trying to flame any arguments/opinions here, just pointing out the possible problem Best Buy has created.

Still at that price its pretty great product. Nice digging/find there Nate025

19. nippyjun macrumors 65816

the pink one is neoprene and last I checked is still available.

20. Spoolin414 macrumors newbie

Ordered one via BB.com today.

Went to BestBuy store tonight, had them pull the sku showed they had 1 left in stock, so I went looking threw the bags. Came up as $29.99 in the store, price matched to $9.99 and out a happy camper I went. So now I have one and one on the way.

I don't know why I need 2 but I am impatient and I will find a use or sell for what I paid for the 2nd one to another MR User.

21. iPlato macrumors newbie

Dang missed this - I'll buy your extra case if you don't need it!

22. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I purchased an apple sac and returned my incase.

23. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I had purchased the pink neoprene incase sleeve when it was on sale for 9.99 for my late macbook pro. Unfortunately it is too small in my opinion for a 15 inch and could scratch the computer.

I think it's best used for a 13 inch.