Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gemio17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
NYC
Hey- Has anyone seen or used either the Slingpack or Moyapak from Incase designs?? I am looking for something for my future 12"PB. I need something small(emphasis on small) and light enough for NYC travel/walking around, that will fit my PB, iPod, cell and maybe some PB cords. Any suggestions are welcome!! Thanks.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
hi there. i have the moypak for my 12" powerbook and i really do like it. i too was concerned about size - as a fairly small person, i didn't want something overwhelmingly large or too bulky to carry around. the moypak is perfect for me and what i need out of a laptop bag - it's got just enough room for cables, my mouse, and ipod, and a rear slot pocket for a couple of folders and/or magazine. i wouldn't recommend this case if you needed to carry lots of books or paperwork with you - it doesn't have enough room for all of that.

with my pb and all above-noted accessories, the case is pretty light. the strap is well-padded, so it's not tough on your shoulder. i like the color and style of it since it's pretty low-key and doesn't even really look like a laptop case (a bonus if you're worried about theft or something). it's got just the right amount of small pockets/slots for business cards, pens, and disks as well.

so, overall, a great case in my opinion. i've seen a lot of comments here on the crumpler bags and others that offer lots of other features and color choices, so i think those would be worth looking into as well. but the moyapak covers all the basics, so i'd recommend that if it meets all of your carrying needs.

hope that helps! happy case hunting!

marianne

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.