Incase Slider alternatives

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pgiguere1, Oct 7, 2011.

1. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

My current iPhone 4 case is a black Incase slider.

I thought it was the perfect case: simple, good-looking, protective and soft to the touch yet non-sticky.

That's until I found out, like many, that it left scratches on my iPhone by being way too tight.

My case is also very damaged right now (from several drops) and I'm looking for a different hard case for my futures 4S that has the same minimal matte black look, one that doesn't leave scratches.

Does anybody know any?

It's crazy how there are hundreds of cases out there and the vast majority are ugly, yet supposed to cover something as beautiful as an iPhone.

Here's the Incase slider for reference:

[​IMG]

2. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

3. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

I got one just like that made by splash for my iphone 4 CDMA. It's worked beautifully, and was fairly cheap. The only complaint I had was that the cutout for the headphone jack was off-center (I assume the GSM variant had the port slightly further in on the phone), so while I could use headphones with a smaller connector fine, cables that had bulky connectors are problematic.

4. pgiguere1 thread starter macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

I might order that. The black one is almost identical to the Incase. But since I haven't seen it in person, I don't know about the build quality. The Incase did feel like a quality product.

Did you see the elago one in person? Do they have a good reputation?

It seems odd to me that it's half the price of the Incase yet come with an extra bottom piece, microfiber cloth and front+bottom protective films.

5. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

No I haven't seem them in person. I found them online yesterday. I thought the incase slider was expensive for what it was. $15 for a case seems more reasonable to me. If the elago ends up feeling cheap I can always return it.

6. cman-uk macrumors regular

Bump - what did you end up going with?

Do you have any pics of the scratches? I think this is a great case but am worried about the scratches...