Incipio Feather for iPhone 6 Navy Blue - pictures/impressions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by macaron95, Nov 13, 2014.

1. macaron95 macrumors regular

Hi

I have tried several slim cases after reading some reviews here thanks to friends and colleagues who ordered one for their iphone 6

quite disappointed with Shumuri and Vaudabe, too slim, bottom case breaking, form factor too flexible, etc

finally went for the Incipio Feather

thicker than others but still very thin, it adds some thickness to the iphone, which is actually comfortable and provides extra grip (frankly i tried using the iphone 6 without case and i already dropped it once when pulling it out from the pocket of my pants :confused: )

i really love the touch of the case, soft but doesn't keep fingerprints

navy blue pairs nicely with space gray iphone

no lip over the screen, you can slightly feel the edges but less than with other cases

so far, in terms of quality, the best case i've seen

on the back, the case is thick enough to compensate the camera, so you can put the iphone on the table, it would be fully flat

in conclusion, great product for the price paid

even if the bottom is not covered, i think it offers great protection to the iphone

thanks again to the members who advised me to buy this one :)

here are some pics

please note that because of the brightness, the blue might appear lighter than it is, but the navy blue is really navy/dark blue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. matneh macrumors regular

Nice! I like the ones that don't have a lip over the screen. Easier swiping, thinner profile, and I already have a screen protector.

3. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Nice case however, it looks pretty much the same as Apple's Official leather case (which has all the buttons covered and provides a slight 'lay on the table' design).

It also looks the same size as Apple's case - why didn't you just go for that instead?

4. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

I have the Feather black. It's too bulky for me. Incipio can't really call it a feather anymore.

5. carreragt7 macrumors regular

I've always thought Incipio was one of the top case companies, and have owned various ones for phones and laptops.

I like that detail around the camera lens, gives it a unique treatment compared to most other thinner cases. When it gets down to this size of case most of the time they all look pretty much the same, with the only differences being how they address the corners and button cutouts.

I'm glad they made it thick enough to address laying flat. Of course not everyone has the same expectations, but all of the uber thin cases seem to have some people complaining that the camera isn't protected. This case is a good solution.

6. ihonda macrumors 68000

God damn it why do these companies insist on exposing the ENTIRE area of the buttons?! They didn't do this for the 5! Frame the damn buttons in these cases look terrible

7. carreragt7 macrumors regular

I think from manufacturing and ergonomic standpoints most companies have realized that:
    1) these materials will crack or otherwise become damaged over time from the constant removal and bending of the cases, thus causing a lot more warranty claims (cost to the company) and unsatisfied customers.
    2) If they make the case too precision fit many people would have problems getting to the buttons (mainly the mute switch) so they have to make the openings bigger or more exposed than they would ideally like to do.

I agree with you, though. I have spent way too much money on various cases, and yet my favorite one so far is a $12 shipped one from Amazon because the way they addressed the button areas. PM if interested in info on that case, I don't want to go too far off the topic of this thread's intended discussion on the Incipio Feather. :)

8. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

Agree 100% and the cut outs feel and look horrible.

9. macaron95 thread starter macrumors regular

because the quality of Apple cases is really bad, not durable
    and because it has very strong lip over the screen

the Incipio doesn't

----------

well, past iPhone used to be thicker, so the case couldn't afford to be bulky

here the iPhone 6 is very thin, too thin maybe so you have the impression that it's very bulky, but if you have tried the other thin cases (Shumuri or Vaudabe), you'll notice that protection is too limited

they do protect against scratches, not shocks

but it's up to one's personal taste