Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
Why not just get the smart feather case made for the new iPad? Looks very much the same.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
^ Exactly. As far as I know, there is no one case that is so amazing that I would try to force the issue of it fitting on something new. Take exception to what I believe is the best case thus far and that's the Apple iPad 1 case. That was a great design and I wish they had not ditched it so quickly.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Why not just get the smart feather case made for the new iPad? Looks very much the same.

I don't plan on using the Smart Cover, otherwise thats the one I would get. I am looking for just a simple back shell. I may look more into the NGP.

andothfc

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I have the iPad 2 Incipio Feather on my new iPad. I first I thought it didn't fit but with a bit of effort it does. The problem is it doesn't doesn't sit flush to the back, there is a bit of space between the shell and the iPad which I find annoying.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I don't plan on using the Smart Cover, otherwise thats the one I would get. I am looking for just a simple back shell. I may look more into the NGP.

It doesn't have to be used in conjunction with the smart cover. The fact that is does it just an added bonus :)

andothfc

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
The Smart Feather without a Smart cover is annoying - you get an extra bulge on the left hand of the device. I couldn't put up with it. I'm hoping Incipio release a non-Smart Feather for the new iPad.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
The Smart Feather without a Smart cover is annoying - you get an extra bulge on the left hand of the device. I couldn't put up with it. I'm hoping Incipio release a non-Smart Feather for the new iPad.

Ditto I like the Smart Feather but don't want to use a smart cover. We should all email the dev.

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
I've got the NGP on mine. Fits perfectly. Don't like it as much as my slider hardshell case (do they even make those anymore?) on my iPad 1 but it fits well and very low profile.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX

That's what I was thinking too

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I've got the NGP on mine. Fits perfectly. Don't like it as much as my slider hardshell case (do they even make those anymore?) on my iPad 1 but it fits well and very low profile.

I asked you on another post, but I'll ask again here.

Is the NGP rubbery or more of a hard plastic?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.