Incipio NGP Matte Smoke + Seidio Innocase Holster = Best setup available!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wmflyfisher, Aug 29, 2010.

1. wmflyfisher macrumors member

Wanted to give a quick impression of the new setup that I just discovered.

Upon reading the NGP walmart case thread on here I went to Wally World and picked one up. Been using the new OB Commuter on my iphone 4 and really wasn't that impressed. I guess I'm just super picky and had high hopes for it but it didn't seem to tickle my fancy. Also want to note that I have the Defender as well and find it a great case if you don't mind the bulk.

I'll cut straight to the point. THIS CASE ROCKS!! It's so simple and feels perfect in the hand. The buttons surprisingly press just like there was no case at all. The material is so rigid (but soft) that it doesn't pull away from the sides nor does it have a gap when you press it against the sides. It really fits perfect.

Another great discovery is that this case works absolutely perfect with this Seidio Innocase holster.

http://cgi.ebay.com/P28-Seidio-Inno...er_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item35ab7cb9ab

There is even a small "tooth" in the top clip that slides down in the power button grove of the NGP to hold it more securely. The case doesn't have any room for movement in the holster which is perfect. You slide the bottom in and snap the top and it's in like it was made for the case. I HIGHLY recommend this setup and it even looks great. Plan to post pics later tonight. Just wanted to write this first :)

2. Shield macrumors member

This sounds like a great combination....thanks for posting this discovery. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.

If only the Walmarts around me would carry this case. I've called them all, and no one carries it. :(

3. awtryau89 macrumors regular

You need to go and check in store. I called a few and they told me they didn't carry it either. I walked into one store I called on a whim and found it immediately.

4. wmflyfisher thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, only a few Walmart employees actually know what their talking about.

5. esskay macrumors 6502

Look forward to your pics. I have an Incipio NGP and am considering getting a Seidio holster to go with it based on your post.

When you mention the "tooth" in the clip what did you mean by slotting into the home button groove? Do you mean that you put the iPhone into the holster face in and upside down?

Thanks for sharing your findings.

6. wmflyfisher thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for asking because I just realized I told you wrong. The tooth fits into the power button grove and not the home button grove.

I'll post pics soon guys. May camera is jacked right now.

7. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

It kind of looks like the clip on the holster will allow it to rotate into landscape orientation. Is that the case? If so, have you tried it? I like that orientation better when I'm sitting down.

8. wmflyfisher thread starter macrumors member

Yep you can rotate it to landscape. That's the way that I carry it everyday.

9. esskay macrumors 6502

Ah, power button groove, thanks that makes sense. I think I'll order one of these holsters. Appreciate the field testing!

As a side note, I have used Seidio holsters for a while with my blackberries (naked). The only things I didn't like about them were:
    1) If you have some love handles the top of the belt clip can kinda dig in a bit at times
    2) Two Seidio holsters in a row broke on me (the spring in the top clip retaining the device), after about a year or year & a half each. I hope it's a little more durable this time...

10. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

11. esskay macrumors 6502

Received my Seidio holster and the NGP really does fit almost perfectly!

Of course, as luck would have it, I just received an Incase Snap smoke from Apple's free case program and am really digging it.... and it is too small for the Surface holster... Gotta see if anyone's found a holster to go with the Snap.

12. esskay macrumors 6502

So I am testing out the ngp/seidio combo and I noticed that i seem to get a lot of inadvertent presses of the wake/sleep button from the top clip.

Have you experienced this problem? Sometimes I pull the iPhone out and it's in the power down mode waiting for a swipe because the wake button must have gotten held down.