Income Growth Rate Democrats vs. Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dinaluvsApple, Sep 18, 2010.

1. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I'm not sure I understand the data here. If I have a Dem president, does that mean that the House & Senate are Repub and, if so, why do the numbers not match up?

2. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

Looks like it is being counted multiple times, it looks like 2001-2006 is weighing pretty heavy on the Republicans

3. rasmasyean macrumors 6502a

What is this chart supposed to mean? Democrats cause more inflation? :p

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

While this set of statistics clearly is being presented in a partisan way its therefore sensible to suggest that it might not exclude inflation correctly.

However given the vast gulf between the final column results that if it was all made up by inflation that the right wing echo chamber would have pointed out how inflation was several points higher under Democrat rule than under Republican rule.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Perhaps the OP could return to explain exactly what this chart is supposed to prove, or even represent?

6. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

More statistical baffling-'em-with-BS. With 2-party dominance, there are eight possible combinations, but the charts show 10. If one is to infer that the categories are exclusive, meaning control of one excludes control of the others, then the President category should exactly match the House+Senate category on the other side. And where it shows a party controlling one legislative body, that could just as easily be read as the other party being in control of the Presidency+the-other-body. Like most presentations of statistcal data, this is highly distorted, incomplete and, basically, worse than useless.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Screen shot 2010-09-20 at 08.01.03.png

Here's a simpler version from the above link.

8. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I'd like to see the 95th further broken down. Not that the chart isn't conclusive already.

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'd like to see it broken down per president. I'm assuming this graph is adjusted for inflation?

10. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

11. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

12. Desertrat macrumors newbie

The Democrats held power--but for Eisenhower--during the heyday of the US being the King Kong of world industrial output and exports, 1947-early 1970s. Incomes rose like crazy into the 1960s. We had the pent-up monies from WW II for domestic consumption as well as the rest of the world in a shambles. And we had the wartime spending of Korea, plus LBJ's guns'n'butter policy during the Vietnam era.

The Republicans' congressional powers have been limited, and mostly in these recent decades of decline in our balance of trade. 1994-2006.

Regardless of who done what to whom for income, the buying power of the dollar has been in decline for decades. What cost one dollar in 1971 costs five dollars today.

Gonna be worse, tomorrow.

13. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

All thanks to the creature from Jekyll island.