Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weezin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
I have a ton of music that I manually ripped from CDs over the years. I recently upgraded from Mojave to Monterey, and it completely screwed up the artwork for many of the albums. Most often, multiple albums from the same artist now have the same artwork when they had separate correct ones previously.

Does anyone know how to batch fix this in any way, rather than going one by one?

On an album with incorrect artwork, if I right click and select "Get album artwork", nothing happens. I would expect that to update it to the correct one.

Help! This is driving me nuts.

Edit: I do not use Apple Music service - this is all music in my personal library that I either ripped from CDs or purchased.

Last edited:

weezin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Thanks, I will look into that. Seems like there are a ton of configurations...

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2009
How did you get on in the end?

My iTunes had lost artwork and I spent hours fixing it again so everything had artwork and it was a thing of beauty.

It’s all stored on an external drive and updated via the add artwork option within the Apple Music app.

Anyways I since had to restore my Mac which is 2014 iMac running big sur.. and fired up Apple Music on my external and all the artwork is missing again.. even tracks from iTunes are missing.. I’ve selected get album artwork but loads are still missing.

Where does iTunes/music App Store the artwork for our ripped and purchased songs? I thought it was all on the location I set on my external but now I’m thinking it must save album internal and I’ve deleted it when I did thr restore?

Update: just noticed it’s lost all the location info to the external drive it’s on. So if I click a song it can locate the file and I have to manually show it the file for each song.. complete disaster.. any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

weezin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
I actually haven't done anything about this yet, but it's still annoying me.

No idea about your situation - that sucks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.