Independent candidate watch: William Kristol claims it will happen soon

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jnpy!$4g3cwk, May 30, 2016.

1. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Hey, this is Mac Rumors. You hear all kinds of rumors about new Apple products. People are always speculating about the next iPhone.

Well, William "Bill" Kristol claims an announcement will happen soon.

"an impressive one, with a strong team and a real chance."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/weekly-...-candidate-will-compete-in-presidential-race/

Trump responded by calling Kristol a "dummy". There was an amusing discussion on CNN:

2. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Trump is the most antiwar / least militaristic candidate who remains. Bill Kristol wants more dead Americans and foreigners in the fake war on terror. Trump isn’t mindlessly pro-Israel either. Bill Kristol hates that. Trying to throw the election, and hoping for Hillary. Too bad this tactic won’t work, and Hillary’s going to be indicted.

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

ya carpet bomb them is antiwar. he has created strife just by running . ;you have no glue what he would do but cause all kinds of issues with foreign powers thats a sure thing.

4. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Trying to talk tough about carpet bombing is not the same as doing, but yes carpet bombing is wrong. The only candidate left in the 2016 race (soon to be indicted), who actually has helped to bomb foreign nations, is Hillary. And it is precisely because of Hillary (and Obama), that we have the mess we do.

5. Limey77 macrumors regular

Wow, this might just be the single most naive post on here this year. Well done sir, kudos to you.

While I'd very, very much welcome a republican candidate running as an independent, I'd be very surprised to see it happen. Right now the republicans have a 1-5% or so shot of winning the White House IF everything goes for Trump. If one single thing goes against him that drops to zero. If an independent republican runs then Trump has a zero percent chance from the outset.

6. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

If Trump vs. Hillary, Trump is the next POTUS. If Trump vs. Bernie, Bernie is likely the next POTUS.

7. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

well talking is the start now isn't it? trump has not had the chance to do war he only did war in business and that was bad enough. the man has no compassion for anyone.

8. Jess13, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Trump is very philanthropically compassionate and generous. Hillary already has helped to kill hundreds of thousands of men, women and children, and destroy the lives of millions; Trump hasn’t.

9. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

It's unlikely that an independent candidate will run for president now because they won't make it on the ballot in every state. The way around it is to be a candidate for a party that's already on each state's ballot.

10. Limey77 macrumors regular

That's what you believe, and you're welcome to do so. But I'll be very surprised if you're right. There's a very long way to go but at the moment I'd give him a 1-5% chance of winning (and I think that's generous).

We'll see - but we're clearly going to continue to disagree.

God help the US if he does somehow win - you won't know where to begin for the recovery.

11. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Bombing terrorists families is anti-war?

12. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

right he only cost how many people how much money with all his bankruptcy's and failed businesses? the rich give because it benefits them. trump has not given away most o his fortune like some of the big guys have. he gives very little compared to them. Like Hillary is alone all of congress can be added to that list that argument is pointless. true will lie to get what he wants

images-3.jpeg Unknown.jpg images-4.jpeg

13. Jess13, May 30, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

1-5%? That is ridiculous. Trump just won more primary votes than any other Republican candidate in modern history. And he was fighting more than a dozen other candidates, too. I’ll just leave it at that.
    --- Post Merged, May 30, 2016 ---
    No it isn’t.

But fake liberals “outraged” about Trump’s comment is just that, faux outrage. Warbama kills terrorists’ families: the past 7 years, right now, and tomorrow. Not only has Obama killed terrorists’ families, he has killed an American terrorist’s family member, that American teenager’s name: Abdulrahman al-Awlaki.

One of Warbama’s thousands of drone terrorism civilian victims

al-awlaki-abdulrahman.jpg
    Your graphic images and comment do not in any way negate what I said.

14. jnpy!$4g3cwk thread starter macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Any speculation on who Kristol might be talking about?

15. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

ok. i don't like obama bombing people either. but to use it as argument against trump is weak. besides, don't we want to STOP BOMING THEM? why even bother giving trump the time of day when he says he...WANTS to keep bombing innocent families.

16. Limey77 macrumors regular

17. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The debates by autumn will say a lot more, but - honestly - it's bad enough people think the world is less than 7000 years old, never mind 7 years given how much blame is wrongfully put on Obama regarding who started it. If Obama failed to clean it up like how Jeannie would blink her eyes for NASA Astronaut Tony Nelson, then why not prove 'em wrong by actually starting your own ticket and run for office? Can't be that hard, look how great life was under GWB43, the typical millennial, entitled C-student. Oh, wait, he's not a millennial but a boomer. Literally. Thanks to the lies he (for a while) got people to believe.
    I'd vote for Angelina Jolie, Kelsey Grammer, or Bruce Willis.

18. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

maybe he was stalking about the Libertarian party nominating their candidates? They've just done that this weekend

19. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Yes the debates should be interesting and entertaining. Trump is generally a weak debater. Those who think the Earth was created less than 7,000 years ago is irrelevant in this discussion. Obama is one of the all-time worst presidents in U.S. history, and he is not cleaning up Bush’s mess and never was. That deflection has been a discredited fake talking point since 2010, the same as using Obama Race Cards®. You should probably quit using it. Obama has continued Bush’s problems and started countless of his own problems.

Obama is the problem. Bush 2.0bama.

20. Limey77 macrumors regular

It's post like this that make people not take you seriously.

We get it, you hate Obama and the democrats. But to claim he is one of the worst presidents ever is quite blatantly incorrect. Either it's ignorance of what he has achieved or it's a blind bias against him for some reason.

It is likely that history will look very fondly on Obama's presidency and rightly so.

21. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Go on any social media site, Twitter for example, and search for “Trump kill terrorists families.” In any of the tweets posted by liberals who are clearly Obama supporters, ask them if they’re outraged that Obama already has killed terrorists’ families, including American. I bet from most, if not all, you get nothing but apologizing for Obama, deflection, no responses and/or blocked. Any liberal Obama supporter who feigns outrage about Trump’s comment but supports Obama regardless with no condemnation for actually DOING what Trump suggests, is a fake liberal. Period. It almost is all faux outrage.

22. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Well I don't use any social media, except facebook just to keep in touch with people, but I don't doubt the validity of your claims.

You can't really boil down everything to one issue though when choosing a candidate (in my opinion). Like, I don't agree with Bernie on everything, but overall I think he's definitely the best candidate. Like with Obama, I don't agree with him on a lot of stuff (including this one) but I like him regarding other things though. I guess it depends on how each person weighs each issue.

But still, in my opinion, your argument is very specific for the type of people you are arguing against. It's valid, but the only thing we can do now is select a candidate that practices what they preach and has a history of doing so. Neither Hillary nor Trump have that. Bernie does. But using it as argument FOR Trump, is disingenuous.

23. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Neocon Bill Kristol never served in the military himself but he'll happily volunteer your kids to die for Israel.

24. Jess13, May 30, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

— Why is [transgendered] Chelsea Manning rotting away imprisoned for 35-year sentence for exposing Bush-era war crimes, prosecuted by Obama under Espionage Act of 1917?
    — Why is Edward Snowden still trapped in Russia for exposing illegal spying crimes against Americans, also charged by Obama under Espionage Act of 1917?
    — Why has Obama maliciously, vindictively targeted, charged and/or prosecuted more government whistleblowers than all previous presidents in U.S. history COMBINED x2? After Obama promised to PROTECT whistleblowers.
    — Why is Obama the first president in U.S. history to prosecute a BLACK whistleblower? Jeffrey Sterling, Bush-era CIA whistleblower who exposed crimes including CIA racial discrimination. Obama is the first POTUS in history to prosecute a black whistleblower – who exposed racial discrimination. Also charged by Obama under Espionage Act of 1917.
    — Why is Obama still illegally spying on 100,000,000+ Americans daily (far worse spying crimes than what Bush did)?
    — Why did Obama force APPLE into participating in the illegal PRISM program?
    — Why is Obama protecting 9/11 [28 pages] co-conspirators from plural foreign governments (treason)?
    — Why has Obama then conspired WITH those same Saudi 9/11 co-conspirators in the 28 pages, in attempt to overthrow the Syrian government that has not attacked America (treason)?
    — Why does Obama cry faked, psychopathic tears for U.S. victims of gun violence while simultaneously arming terrorists by giving them machine guns and ammunition to murder victims?
    — Why is Obama blocking BLACK 9/11 families and survivors from justice, after they have publicly pleaded with Obama to help them but instead Obama sides with 9/11 co-conspirators that helped to murder their loved ones?
    — Why hasn’t Obama declassified the 28 pages like he promised leading 9/11 families to their faces in 2009 and 2011 that he would?
    — Why has Obama threatened to veto JASTA and make it so American 9/11 victims’ families and survivors are still unable to hold accountable the financiers of the 9/11 hijackers?
    — Why has Obama officially sided with Saudi 9/11 co-conspirators in U.S. federal courts vs. thousands of American 9/11 victims’ families and survivors (treason)?
    — Why has Obama bombed more countries than Bush?
    — Why has the Obama regime dropped more bombs than the Bush regime?
    — Why has Obama increased Bush’s drone terrorism at minimum 10x what Bush did and murdered more civilians with drones than Osama murdered civilians with planes?
    — Why did Obama sign the 2012 NDAA into law, that included provision on secret indefinite detention of Americans with no charge, trial or lawyer, that according to Sen. Carl Levin on the floor of Congress: Obama demanded be included or he wouldn’t sign it?
    — Why is Obama the least transparent president in U.S. history, breaking every single Most Transparent Ever™ promise and doing everything possible to undermine government transparency?
    — Why is Obama the most hostile POTUS to the press in modern U.S. history, intimidating American journalists and their sources, literally forcing journalists under threat of imprisonment to name sources in federal courts?
    — Why has Obama protected Bush administration and CIA officials for torture war crimes?
    — Why has Obama protected them for Iraq War war crimes?
    — Why is Obama just recently in Japan yapping about working toward a world without nuclear weapons while simultaneously Obama is leading the charge to spend/waste $1 Trillion on modernizing U.S. nuclear weapons and developing new U.S. nuclear weapons, about which Diane Feinstein recently said, The so-called improvements to this weapon [the B61-12 bombs and the Long Range Standoff Cruise Missiles] seem to be designed candidly to make it more usable, to help us fight and win a limited nuclear war. I find that a shocking concept.” Obama trying to make using nuclear weapons easier, and in some mythical neocon lunacy land of “limited” nuclear war.
    — Why has Obama now been at war longer than any other president in U.S. history?

I could go on and list more for you, how about Libya? Or the refugee crises (plural)?

Obama is the biggest and fakest joke in U.S. politics ever, bar none. Obama is one of the all-time worst presidents in U.S. history, and is vying to be worst president ever. **** OBAMA!

25. Limey77 macrumors regular

^^^^and there we go, you prove my point better than I ever could. Thanks.