Indiana’s ‘Religious Freedom’ law is already hilariously backfiring

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iBlazed, Jun 9, 2015.

1. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Loves it. So basically the law was amended a week later to specify it can't be used to discriminate against gay people, but the rest of it remained in effect which led to this wonderfulness:

Props to the IRS for the prompt approval.

2. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Nice. Can't wait until some non-Christians stick it to them like the Grand Pooba and his followers.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

5. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Unintended "consequence"?

Do you have any source that Christians are upset about this church?

I'm willing to bet nobody more than a few random people care that much. I know I wouldn't.

P.S. I'm in New Jersey today, how on earth do you tolerate living in this dump? Puts a whole new spin on the saying "one person's trash is another's treasure" I guess.

6. iBlazed, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015

iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

It's not about upsetting Christians, it's about the fact that marijuana is still very illegal in Indiana and this "church" is now allowed to blaze up legally. Definitely unintended.
    I know this is hard for a Christian to understand, but: IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!

Thanks? My part of NJ is far from a dump. It's actually a beautiful place. Don't know what part you're in, don't really care. But I'm sure 100% of your state is just a paradise of right wing beauty. Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to my thread except stupidity.

And what ever happened to not posting on PRSI anymore? You wrote that whole dramatic goodbye post and everything.

7. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Lol man SLC sure can fire up people and it's great.

8. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Isn't there a name for that?

9. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

For you guys being the party of fun you sure don't act it. I often wonder when the last time liberals on this board even smiled. Most seem so angry and hate-filled.

10. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Stroll on over to The Blaze if you wanna see angry and hate filled.

11. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

They can "blaze up" legally. If they can find a way to buy marijuana without being arrested, or to get it from one of the "pot" states. This law doesn't make it any easier for them to use marijuana than it was before, as much as you'd like to make it seem that way. The risky part has always been buying and selling pot, or being caught with it which this law also doesn't help.

Nice try though. Like I said, this story is a lot of yammering on about nothing.

I've been through pretty much the whole state the past two days. It sucks! Pennsylvania was so much better.

And for me staying away. I couldn't resist, you guys are too much fun to spar with. And I haven't started my residency just yet. Still got 2 more weeks.

12. Robisan macrumors 6502

As opposed to paranoid aggrieved victimhood that's fundamental to the conservative mindset.

13. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Why do that when I can read PRSI?

14. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Wahhh the liberals are persecuting us with their anger toward our backwardness.

15. samiwas Suspended

I smile all the time. I'm not the one who thinks my rights are constantly being bombarded from every direction. In fact, I never even consider it.

And odd, seems the other way around for me as far as who's angry and hate-filled.

16. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Same here. Honestly, most conservatives I meet are ok people to get along with as long as politics don't come up, but if they do somehow accidentally come up all hell breaks lose. It's like The Hulk, their blood just starts boiling.

17. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Who said anything about persecuting? I said libs here seem very angry and hate-filled. You said read The Blaze. I said I can read PRSI.

18. Meister Suspended

Meister

Lot's of weirdos out there...

I fail to see how this is connected to the new law in Indiana.

19. Robisan macrumors 6502

More like laughter, snark and ridicule that's taken as anger. Have lost track of the number of times conservatives failed to see that we're laughing at them.

...adding, I swear they elected Louie Gohmert simply to provide comedic entertainment for the left.

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

he lives in Portland we are as far from right wing as you will get he is the oddball here.

21. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I actually don't live in Portland anymore. I'm moving away from the PNW now.

22. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well so much for keeping portland weird.

23. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

It will regain it when I get up there.. #pdxcarpet and all. :p

BL.

24. oldmacs macrumors 68040

sigh.. I hate when religion gets used to justify hate etc.

I am a catholic and a pretty devout one, but I believe in equality (main message of jesus) and that means everyone. People don't choose their sexuality so I don't see why any religion should discriminate against them.

25. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

Wait. So a law designed to reduce litigiousness has done so for both the intended party as well as other parties. How is this an issue again?