Individual grandfather line moving to family plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mike84, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

If you add a line to an iphone individual talk plan and create a family plan, will you lose the unlimited data on the iphone?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

No. I even switched my iPhone EDGE to iPhone 4, then activated the iPhone EDGE as the additional line. Both phones now have unlimited data.

TEG

3. Mike84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I currently have an individual plan with an iPhone 4 and I have unlimited data since I was grandfathered in. However, I'd like to make my plan into a family plan and bring in my parents with iphone 4s as well and they too have unlimited data and if that is not possible at least I retain unlimited on my phone.

I have called ATT three different times and every single time I have gotten a different response,which leads me to believe they have no clue what is going on.

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

If you have the iPhone Unlimited Data plan today and your parents also have it TODAY, by changing your rate plan to be a FamilyTalk rate plan all of you will continue to retain all of your current features and your iPhone Unlimited data plans.

Each of your lines will continue to have an individual contract with no changes however you should make sure that your line is the anchor line so that you will have the higest MRC and quailify for an equipment upgrade first.

Your parents will be on an add-a-line rate plan so their MRC will be much lower at $9.99 + $30.00 for the iPhone Data which means their upgrades dates will move out.

Dave