Ineligible for return?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wiivile, Oct 16, 2012.

1. wiivile macrumors regular

When trying to initiate a return on Apple.com, it says ineligible for return. My iPhone shipped September 16 and I received it September 21. By either standard, whether 30 days from September 16 or 30 days from September 21, it should still be eligible... what gives? Does anyone know if the return policy is from the day of SHIPMENT or day of RECEIVING ?

[​IMG]

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

I have heard it is from the day if the shipment. And it is common practice among retailers to count the day you got it. So the 16th if the next month would be over 30 days. Why not return it earlier?

3. wiivile thread starter macrumors regular

30 days from the 16th is the 16th, that is indisputable... however, it should be calculating from the 21st, as that is the day the phone was released (and Apple's return policy says the day you receive it).

4. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Apple's return policy clearly states that you have 30 days from the day of purchase. You should have looked this up and not waited til the last minute.

Not tryna sound mean, just being honest.
    Return Policy

5. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

If the 16th of september is considered day 1 then october 15th is your 30th and final day. I work at a Sprint corporate location and we have 14 days for returns or exchanges but the day you buy the phone is considered day 1. I would with Apple's customer service to verify how they deal with something like that.

6. wiivile thread starter macrumors regular

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

30 calendar days from the date I received it, and the earliest date anyone could have received it (September 21 - the official release date), is October 21. Period.

And it's not October 20 either, look at any legal definition for calculating statutory deadlines.

7. itjw macrumors 65816

It begins...

Don't worry, you can still swap it for a WHITE BOX REFURB! (Sorry, there is nothing wrong with Apple refurbs, I'm just always amused at how horrified folks are of them).

At least now there won't be dozens of opened retail boxed phones not for sale thanks to the OCD crowd throwing a tantrum over imperfections. Maybe the normals will finally have a chance at walking in and owning the best phone ever.

One can hope.

Sorry this happened, but there is literally no reason it should take 2 weeks, let alone 30 days, to decide if you want to keep a phone. The clock should start ticking as soon as they charge your card. As long as you have some opportunity to review the product (which you did), it's your fault.

I'm still waiting on all of the "reasons" people need 30 days anyway (besides the 3rd grade answer of "because I say so" or "none of your business") lol...

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

9. dotme macrumors 6502a

OP - on that screenshot is a toll free number for Apple. Call it. Ask them your questions. I don't see any point in asking here. Doesn't matter what people say, your beef is with Apple. Call them.

10. maceleven, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

maceleven macrumors 6502

If you walk into a apple store they may still return it with a manager approval ,say you want to exchange it for a different color model etc.... they will do it, more thank likely if trying just to return it they may give you a problem and a early termination fee. :apple:

You might have to preorder the night before because stock is usally unavailable , if they do exchange that gives you another 14-30 days to return for a full refund , depends on you carrier.

The 30 days starts the day it was paid for .
    Also if this applies AT&T also changed there 30 buyers remorse to 14 days the sunday before last.

11. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Just curious what your warranty period indicates? All preordered phones should hopefully say Sept 20, 2013.