info needed for iPhone pre-ordering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cawesjmu, Jun 10, 2010.

1. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

I quickly searched here and Apple's site but didn't find what I'm looking for. Does anyone know what info I'll need to pre-order the iPhone 4. Maybe some of you remember from the 3GS. My parents are on At&t and I'll be getting on their plan. Do I need to have that info when pre-ordering, or just when I actually get the phone in the mail? Thanks for your help.

2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

It is on here.

It honestly depends on how you are going to be purchasing it. Pre-order and pick up or home delivery? AT&T or Apple?

For Apple home delivery, you need to have the phone number, the billing zip code, and the last four digits of the account holder's social security number.

Apple in store, you most likely will need the account holder with you since authorized users are not always allowed to purchase, but that depends on the store itself also. You most likely will not find out until you go in and try to purchase.

AT&T makes you want until the 25th to pick up a reserved copy or you can have them ship it to your house. From reading on here, I heard that if you are not planning on having the account holder with you, and being an authorized user, AT&T is the best way to go.

3. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

The pre-order information is covered in the Apple FAQ

I’m a new AT&T customer. What information do I need to provide so I can buy an iPhone online?

The following billing information will be used to perform a credit check with AT&T:

First name
    Last name
    Email address
    Billing address
    Phone number (current)
    Social Security number
    Date of birth
    Primary place of use

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=MTgxMDQ3Mjk

You will not be able to pre-order an add-a-line to a FamilyTalk plan. You will have to Reseve it at Apple or in-store pickup here is text:

Visit the Apple Retail Store to add a line.

If you’d like to add an additional line to your account, please visit your nearest Apple Retail Store where you can complete your pre-authorization​

Your best bet is to pre-order a new account / line of service using the name of the current account holder with AT&T. Once you get the phone and activate it, just call Customer Care and merge the new line into the existing FamilyTalk plan.

Dave

4. cawesjmu thread starter macrumors 6502

awesome, thanks a lot! I appreciate the responses.

And that's a really good idea. I might have to try that.

5. MrX8503 macrumors 68000

If I'm upgrading my iPhone (Sprint), does anyone know what info I need for home delivery? name, phone, and last 4 SSN? anything else?