info on 2.3 and 32g with new features to be realsed on jan 5th???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alphatectz, Dec 16, 2008.

1. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

Wharamurrrrrr......] The flux capacitor hisses, the time disk whirrs and I’m standing in the auditorium at the Moscone Centre on January 5th 2009. Now THAT’s fortuitous. Ooh, Steve Jobs is on stage. Let’s listen in.

Peering into MacWorld 2009

He’s announcing the successor to the iPhone 3G - it’s….. the iPhone 2! Let’s see what they’ve added. Not a huge change in outward appearance, though it looks a little slimmer in profile. Ah, the camera’s been bumped up to 3.2 megapixels and there’s auto-focus and a dual LED flash. Now that’s a big improvement and will have a lot of people who had rejected the iPhone because its camera was so…. rubbish, now looking again. And it seems that videos can be recorded as well, at 400 by 240 resolution, just right for the new widescreened YouTube. Memory is 32GB as standard, just one model.

Most of the other changes are in software and will also appear as a free upgrade in firmware for the iPhone 3G and as a paid upgrade for the iPod Touches. Copy and paste has appeared (hurrah!), with an extension to the existing ‘loop’ magnifying glass system for cursor positioning. That will please a lot of people. And there’s now full support for third party applications to run in the background, albeit with stricter testing needed by Apple before their availability in the App Store. It seems the iPhone’s claim on being a smartphone is now complete.

Interestingly, the push-notify system announced over six months ago has been quietly dropped. Well, it was a kludge at best, noone’s going to miss its non-appearance.

It seems that there are plenty of eye candy tweaks too, such as being able to change the background from black (whoo-pe-doo), plus a number of enterprise-y improvements that I won’t pretend to understand. No sign of MMS, sadly.

He’s leaving the stage. Or is he? “One more thing…. I’d also like to present…”

But arghhhh - my time machine’s auto-return has been engaged and I didn’t catch his last words.

A whoosh and a hiss and I’m back a month in December 2008. Tiring, this time travel.

2. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

I hate to burst your bubble but Steve won't be at macworld 2009. And that's the last time apple will be at macworld

3. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

4. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

5. alphatectz thread starter macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

dude i know that, i didnt mean to take the credit. :) he can have all the fame. i just want that update for the 3g, in second thought i rather sell my 3g and get the 32g iphone.

6. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

hahaha Busted!

7. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Oh, ok :) You should put it in quotes, so the moderators won't bitch about it :p;)

8. alphatectz thread starter macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

thnx, i'll do that for now on, still kind of new to the forum. but i have to say i cant wait for the update and 32g i filled up my 16g 3g already. lol i started to take out most of my apps and music.

9. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Man, you are not alone there, 16GB is not enough for all of my Barney seasons!! Joking :p, well, actually.. NO! No Barney for me! :p (sorry, you caught me a little bored :p)

Now, seriously, 16GB is not enough for all my music, I am on the same boat as you

10. alphatectz thread starter macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

lol barney lol -dead

yea i agree 16g is good but once u fill it up what else is there to do? i havent jailbroke my phone as of yet, but i am thinking of doing it, but hey why do it now since theres only a few more weeks until the 32g and the new firm wear for the iphone 3g kicks in... well i know that i have a few buyers for my iphone for 400 since i added the extra 2 yr warrenty so ill be good ;):cool:
    but i wounder how much will the 32g be maybe 400-500? who knows what ever the price is ill get it as long as i dont need to put an extra 200 on the phone im happy

11. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Once you jailbreak, you never go back!

And who knows if there will be a 32gb version, it is probable, but not set on stone. So don't count on it just yet

12. alphatectz thread starter macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

your right, so what is a good method to jb your iphone?

13. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

Thats what they said about the iphone too

14. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Go there, and search a little around their posts, they are the ones that unlock and jailbreak the iphone. They are the only ones you should trust ;)