Infowars reporter arrested @ GOP debate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FFTT, Jun 7, 2007.

1. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Matt Lepacek a reporter with CNN issued credentials was arrested for asking tough question of Giuliani's press secretary following the GOP debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOerYpJse30

Lots of comments about this on YouTube

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Reporter_arrested_after_Republican_debate_0606.html

Police in Goffstown, N.H., confirmed to RAW STORY that freelance reporter Matt Lepacek was arrested for trespassing following the debate at St. Anselm College in Goffstown. Lepacek was asking a Giuliani adviser about comments the former mayor made on ABC News on Sept. 11 that some say show he had foreknowledge that the World Trade Center would collapse.

More links
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Lepacek+arrested&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Meh. Giuliani's not even in the video, and the Infowars people are a bunch of conspiracy crackpots. I guess the reporter shouldn't have been arrested, but it's really hard for me to feel sorry for him.

And if this "reporter" didn't lie, and CNN actually issued him credentials (it's unconfirmed at this time), then they are genuinely scraping the bottom of the barrel.

3. FFTT thread starter macrumors 68030

FFTT

I admit that some of the theories about 9/11 go a bit too far, but
    I still think it was an inside job.

If anything, it was allowed to happen.

I consider the motives of profiteering from Trillions of dollars, the Patriot Act, and countless other sleazy manipulations of public trust.

The problem is that any good research is discredited by those who act foolishly.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I've always believed 9/11 was allowed to happen. You can call me crazy all you like, but I refuse to believe we knew nothing about it prior to the occurrence.

5. FFTT thread starter macrumors 68030

FFTT

If you think the idea of an inside job is too far fetched, then consider
    Operation Northwoods.

My father told me about those twisted plans back in 1971 while he was
    riding with me on the way to register for the Selective Service.

He was an Air Force lifer working with the Pentagon Inspector General's Group. You'll just have to take my word for it, but he had the clearance to know about it.

It's not the people who suspect this madness that are nuts,
    it's the one's who are provided funding to think these plans up that
    need to have their sanity questioned.

The average citizen simply can not grasp how motivated some of these
    people are to guarantee funding.

6. Queso macrumors G4

Since the late 90s I had the impression that the USA had become so arrogant it was heading for a fall. Arrogance always goes hand in hand with complacency. The way I see it, your country was caught with its pants round its ankles, nothing more.

So I don't think it was allowed to happen, but a lot of people immediately saw it as a very convenient excuse to push through their personal hawk agendas. Seeing how the British establishment quickly saw the events of 9/11 as "a good day to bury bad news", you can bet your life that in the corridors of Washington they'd worked out how to play it to their advantage by mid-afternoon.