Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
The upcoming 5.9 update will include an all-new Google Drive integration with support for shared folders and Team Drives.

More info on what else is coming in 5.9 can be found here.
https://firecore.com/forum/topic/13575
That's great! While many people don't have multiple GD accounts I have plenty here. When I was able to create them without SMS validation (which is limited to 3, 4 times for the same phone number - after that you'll need a new number) I took advantage of that. Until now I haven't figured out how to bypass this requirement, so I would say it's very random - you may or may not be asked (and if not asked then you can create directly).

Since I created dozens of Google accounts (each one with 15 GB for Google Drive) unfortunately I can't inform the login/password for all of them in an app - that would take a lot of time.

Even if I did I would have to visit each one to access the desired content. That made me define one (main) account as the target for certain kinds of contents, such as: account1@gmail.com for movies, account2@gmail.com for ebooks, and so on.

Since I haven't had any issue with my contents and they stay there forever (provided I don't share them with anyone/in public) I prefer using this service over others (like Dropbox), since we can stream from these Google Drive accounts. This would be very useful for those with a serious lack of storage space in their Apple devices.

slagathor001

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
How can I change my plex profile in infuse? My family uses infuse/plex, but we cant figure out how to switch plex profiles inside of infuse.

Thanks

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
Has ethernet support been added to inFuse for iOS?

Check this thread for more info: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/has-anyone-tried-using-ethernet-on-ipad-pro.1974288/

In this area: https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/215091017-Browser-Wi-Fi-Upload

I noticed if I use ethernet only (and disable wi-fi) it's working in this scenario (despite saying it's wi-fi only).

However I will need to visit this area:

https://imgur.com/a/V3uioi1

Since Infuse will not reveal to me what the IP is (from the app). If I type 192.168.0.24 in my PC (which is the IP assigned to ethernet - see above) Infuse will work and I'll be able to share files. However it's only telling me what the IP is (to be accessed with a browser) with wi-fi.

Wi-fi enabled, ethernet disabled:

xVkXLsH.png

Ethernet enabled, wi-fi disabled. Missing from this picture: Infuse telling me what the IP is (192.168.0.24), after "if this doesn't work, try..." (or "se esse não funcionar, experimente"):

p0UouKZ.png

For the record, what I am asking it's possible and I already seen this in another app. It's just that most iOS apps only get the IP from wi-fi.

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Has ethernet support been added to inFuse for iOS?

Check this thread for more info: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/has-anyone-tried-using-ethernet-on-ipad-pro.1974288/

In this area: https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/215091017-Browser-Wi-Fi-Upload

I noticed if I use ethernet only (and disable wi-fi) it's working in this scenario (despite saying it's wi-fi only).

However I will need to visit this area:

https://imgur.com/a/V3uioi1

Since Infuse will not reveal to me what the IP is (from the app). If I type 192.168.0.24 in my PC (which is the IP assigned to ethernet - see above) Infuse will work and I'll be able to share files. However it's only telling me what the IP is (to be accessed with a browser) with wi-fi.

Wi-fi enabled, ethernet disabled:

xVkXLsH.png

Ethernet enabled, wi-fi disabled. Missing from this picture: Infuse telling me what the IP is (192.168.0.24), after "if this doesn't work, try..." (or "se esse não funcionar, experimente"):

p0UouKZ.png

For the record, what I am asking it's possible and I already seen this in another app. It's just that most iOS apps only get the IP from wi-fi.
Thanks for the report. We'll take a look at this.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Hello there

I might buy a Apple TV 4K and put Infuse.

Can Infuse read BDMV 4K UHD rip and can it handle HDR movies? Are there any known limitations?

Can I use the Apple TV 4K in Ethernet only?

Can it play files in 23.976 Hz without stutter?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hello there

I might buy a Apple TV 4K and put Infuse.

Can Infuse read BDMV 4K UHD rip and can it handle HDR movies? Are there any known limitations?

Can I use the Apple TV 4K in Ethernet only?
Yes, Infuse can be used on Apple TV 4K to play 4K HDR BDMV and ISO files. Most of these will require you to upgrade to Infuse Pro, but you can test drive the Pro features for an entire month when upgrading through the free Infuse 5 app.

PS - There is a dedicated thread for Infuse on Apple TV here. :)
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/infuse-for-apple-tv-released.1942307/

Reactions: gigatoaster

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 5.9 is available today, and includes some great new things.

Clouds, clouds, clouds
Cloud streaming has been totally revamped in 5.9. We've added support for Box, Google Team Drives, and OneDrive for Business along with a massive dose of reliability and speed to allow things to work better than ever before.

infuse59-cloud_2x.png

AirPlay 2 has arrived
Infuse on Apple TV now features full support for AirPlay 2 and HomePods. Seamlessly connects with one or more AirPlay devices right from the Audio tab of the Playback Menu while playing a video.

infuse59-airplay_2x.jpg

More subtitle options
Add a transparent (or solid black) background to subtitles for improved readability. A number of other minor display improvements are also included.

infuse59-subs_2x.jpg

A little love for iPad Pro
Now fully optimized for Apple's new (3rd generation) iPad Pros. RIP black bars. We hardly knew ye.

infuse59-ipad_2x.jpg

And much, much more...
A number other fixes and improvements are baked into this release, and a complete list of everything that's new can be found here.

Subscribe to Pro and get Infuse 6
Infuse 6 is coming in early 2019, and will include some fantastic new features we can't wait to share with you. Subscribe to Pro now and start enjoying all the current Pro features—then get an automatic upgrade to v6, once it's available next year! If you're already subscribed to Pro, you'll also get the new update automatically.

With Pro, you'll enjoy more video formats, iCloud sync, lossless HD audio, cloud streaming, and more. Download Infuse today and test drive all the awesome Pro features for an entire month...for free!

Thanks!
We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions—so please feel free to post a message in our forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Enjoy! :)

Anijake

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Does this app have auto-sync options like in Plex? For example to sync all unplayed "On Deck" episodes to my iPad so that I always have the latest on my device to play when not connected?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Does this app have auto-sync options like in Plex? For example to sync all unplayed "On Deck" episodes to my iPad so that I always have the latest on my device to play when not connected?
Not at this time, but this is a feature we hope to explore for a future version.

slagathor001

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
Hey, I have a random(ish) question. I'm about to watch a 4K movie with infuse on the new iPad pro. The iPad pro screen resolution is less than 4K, so I'm wondering how will infuse stream it on my iPad pro? Will it automatically be scaled down to 1080?

Thanks!

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hey, I have a random(ish) question. I'm about to watch a 4K movie with infuse on the new iPad pro. The iPad pro screen resolution is less than 4K, so I'm wondering how will infuse stream it on my iPad pro? Will it automatically be scaled down to 1080?

Thanks!
Infuse will automatically scale larger videos down to fit your lower resolution screen, if needed. :)

slagathor001

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
Thanks! But does it scale it down to the iPad pro's native resolution (2388 x 1668) or does it scale to 1080? I'm assuming 1080, but just curious to know. Thanks again!

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
@firecore Any idea why the new iPad Pro works perfectly with Infuse when on the main screen of the app, but when you start playing a video you don't get any picture? (Tv from 11" iPad Pro via USB-C to HDMI). Audio works correctly.

Edit: Wanted to add that Infuse does not display on an LG UltraFine 4k (usb-c to usb-c) when playing video either, so this isn't limited to just HDMI. The app itself displays fine, but as soon as you start playing, all you get is a black screen and sound.

Edit 2: it seems that this might only be a problem with 4K TVs and displays. Went to my significant others’ place tonight and she and I were able to use the same cable, and watch a movie on her 1080p tv without issue. The same “splash” screen showed on the iPad, and the picture and audio was flawless on the tv.

Is there maybe some random setting that I’m missing when it comes to connecting to a 4K tv, or is this just a random bug?

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
@firecore Any idea why the new iPad Pro works perfectly with Infuse when on the main screen of the app, but when you start playing a video you don't get any picture? (Tv from 11" iPad Pro via USB-C to HDMI). Audio works correctly.

Edit: Wanted to add that Infuse does not display on an LG UltraFine 4k (usb-c to usb-c) when playing video either, so this isn't limited to just HDMI. The app itself displays fine, but as soon as you start playing, all you get is a black screen and sound.

Edit 2: it seems that this might only be a problem with 4K TVs and displays. Went to my significant others’ place tonight and she and I were able to use the same cable, and watch a movie on her 1080p tv without issue. The same “splash” screen showed on the iPad, and the picture and audio was flawless on the tv.

Is there maybe some random setting that I’m missing when it comes to connecting to a 4K tv, or is this just a random bug?
We're looking into a few issues with 4K output over HDMI.

For now, can you try adjusting the screen resolution in Infuse while playing a video? This can be done through the Video tab of the Playback Menu (tap gear icon while a video is playing).

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
We're looking into a few issues with 4K output over HDMI.

For now, can you try adjusting the screen resolution in Infuse while playing a video? This can be done through the Video tab of the Playback Menu (tap gear icon while a video is playing).

So, this is all hit or miss. It worked on my 4K tv once or twice. However, upon trying to watch something back on that same 1080p set that worked previously, the entire picture either didn’t show up, or was boxed small in the left hand corner.

No idea what is going on.. and no idea how to fix it.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
So, this is all hit or miss. It worked on my 4K tv once or twice. However, upon trying to watch something back on that same 1080p set that worked previously, the entire picture either didn’t show up, or was boxed small in the left hand corner.

No idea what is going on.. and no idea how to fix it.
What type of adapter are you using? We've tried Apple's as well as a 3rd party (Uni) and things seem to work ok when using 1080p.

With that said, we are working on a number of improvements in this area, with improved support for 4K output.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
What type of adapter are you using? We've tried Apple's as well as a 3rd party (Uni) and things seem to work ok when using 1080p.

With that said, we are working on a number of improvements in this area, with improved support for 4K output.

I’m not using an adapter. Including using a usb-c to hdmi cable.

Edit: I should note that the problem only exists when playing a movie. All other mirroring functions work correctly. Both in infuse and outside of it.

And these are all 1080p movies.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I’m not using an adapter. Including using a usb-c to hdmi cable.

Edit: I should note that the problem only exists when playing a movie. All other mirroring functions work correctly. Both in infuse and outside of it.

And these are all 1080p movies.
Have you tried adjusting the external resolution setting found in Infuse to see if this makes a difference? This option can be accessed via the Video tab of the Playback Menu (tap gear icon while a video is playing).

There's also a good chance this issue will be resolved with the changes we currently have in progress.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Have you tried adjusting the external resolution setting found in Infuse to see if this makes a difference? This option can be accessed via the Video tab of the Playback Menu (tap gear icon while a video is playing).

There's also a good chance this issue will be resolved with the changes we currently have in progress.

That gear doesn’t show me anything like that when attached to a tv... only audio and zoom.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA

See screenshot. I also picked up a usb-c to hdmi adapter and tried that. Infuse still doesn’t work correctly. VLC doesn’t have any problems with either adapter or cable.

Notice when you screenshot on the new iPad Pro while it is connected to a tv, it takes both. What you see up too is exactly what my tv shows. Bottom is the iPad Pro. Had to crop it a bit due to macrumors file size limitations.

308B8913-8A7B-459F-8EA4-08CA4886482C.png FA8687D8-D596-47A7-A3C0-C6E0178D6A01.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.