Apps Infuse for Apple TV Released

firecore

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
love Infuse on iOS so im excited to try it on the AppleTV good Job @firecore

love that variable speed has been added it means i can finally make Infuse my main player and ditch VLC completely.

i only wish they was a plus and minus so we could rapidly adjust it on the HUD
like volume, pause play skip etc. are rather than being nested in the settings gear
Not sure if this helps in your case, but you can set a default playback speed in the main settings menu. Might help if you find yourself wanting to play most videos at higher/lower speeds.

Arnau

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2020
Since a few updates ago, the order in folders list view changed and I totally miss the "folders first" followed by the in alphabetic order. Now it's a chaotic mess of files and folders :S

Am I missing a toggle somewhere or can we get this back?

firecore

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Since a few updates ago, the order in folders list view changed and I totally miss the "folders first" followed by the in alphabetic order. Now it's a chaotic mess of files and folders :S

Am I missing a toggle somewhere or can we get this back?
You can have folders displayed on top by changing the 'Sort By' option in Settings to 'Title'. Having this set to 'Filename' will cause folders to be mixed in with files.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2011
New England
- No ability to handle different versions of a movie in a good way (e.g. theatrical/director's cut). If you just add both, you get two identical looking entries in the library, and there's no easy way to tell which is which (without enabling filename display).
I'd love a solution for this as well. I have Mad Max Fury Road in the 4k UHD remux and in the 1080p Silver Screen Edition remux.

I think the way to handle it is to manually edit the metadata in another app, and then set Infuse to use the embedded metadata. But I haven't tried yet.

firecore

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I'd love a solution for this as well. I have Mad Max Fury Road in the 4k UHD remux and in the 1080p Silver Screen Edition remux.

I think the way to handle it is to manually edit the metadata in another app, and then set Infuse to use the embedded metadata. But I haven't tried yet.
TMDb had previously said they would be adding support for multiple cuts...

We may need to check in and see if this is still planned.

Rigby

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA

OK, I found one way of doing it: I created an nfo file for the movie, manually changed the <title> tag to append "(Director's Cut)", then used the edit function in Infuse to select the nfo file as metadata source. I assume it could also be done using embedded metadata. But it would be much easier if Infuse simply let us edit the displayed title.