Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arnau

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2020
Since a few updates ago, the order in folders list view changed and I totally miss the "folders first" followed by the in alphabetic order. Now it's a chaotic mess of files and folders :S

Am I missing a toggle somewhere or can we get this back?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Since a few updates ago, the order in folders list view changed and I totally miss the "folders first" followed by the in alphabetic order. Now it's a chaotic mess of files and folders :S

Am I missing a toggle somewhere or can we get this back?
You can have folders displayed on top by changing the 'Sort By' option in Settings to 'Title'. Having this set to 'Filename' will cause folders to be mixed in with files.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6.3.1 is now live! Watched indicators on iOS, faster audio sync, improved subtitles, and more.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! ?

ERLCY-3UEAAXweU

Reactions: bumbo

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
- No ability to handle different versions of a movie in a good way (e.g. theatrical/director's cut). If you just add both, you get two identical looking entries in the library, and there's no easy way to tell which is which (without enabling filename display).

I'd love a solution for this as well. I have Mad Max Fury Road in the 4k UHD remux and in the 1080p Silver Screen Edition remux.

I think the way to handle it is to manually edit the metadata in another app, and then set Infuse to use the embedded metadata. But I haven't tried yet.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I'd love a solution for this as well. I have Mad Max Fury Road in the 4k UHD remux and in the 1080p Silver Screen Edition remux.

I think the way to handle it is to manually edit the metadata in another app, and then set Infuse to use the embedded metadata. But I haven't tried yet.
TMDb had previously said they would be adding support for multiple cuts...

We may need to check in and see if this is still planned.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA

OK, I found one way of doing it: I created an nfo file for the movie, manually changed the <title> tag to append "(Director's Cut)", then used the edit function in Infuse to select the nfo file as metadata source. I assume it could also be done using embedded metadata. But it would be much easier if Infuse simply let us edit the displayed title.

khollister

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2003
Orlando, FL
Great - updated to 6.3.6 and most of my posters/cover art is missing. Trying to force a refresh completes almost instantly with no result. I can go in an manually update each movie through the edit button, but I have over 700 movies. What the hell did you guys do?!!!!!!!!

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Great - updated to 6.3.6 and most of my posters/cover art is missing. Trying to force a refresh completes almost instantly with no result. I can go in an manually update each movie through the edit button, but I have over 700 movies. What the hell did you guys do?!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the trouble.

There are some TMDb updates causing issues for some.

Check out this post for more info.
https://firecore.com/comment/109699#comment-109699

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 6.4 is now available and is packed with a host of amazing new things.

Native Emby & Jellyfin
Emby and Jellyfin have arrived! Infuse is now able to integrate seamlessly with these servers, providing an easy way to browse, play, and download videos — all while taking advantage of the advanced playback features offered in Infuse. Of course, things like watched history and playback progress will stay in sync, automatically.

Emby and Jellyfin

Spoiler-free shows
No longer will the plot of a suspenseful series be foiled by a passing glance at an episode overview or thumbnail. In 6.4 descriptions and thumbnails for unwatched episodes can be blurred. If you simply can't avoid the temptation, a quick double-tap on the blurred text will reveal it. Hide Spoilers is an optional feature which can be enabled in Infuse > Settings > General.

Spoiler-free

Improved ratings, air dates, and HDR tags
Star ratings have been revamped, and are now more precise and useful. With this update it's easier than ever to decide between a movie that is just ok, versus one that is totally ninja! We've also squeezed in TV episode air dates and HDR/DV tags, which are handy to have while browsing through your library.

New ratings

Plus some other things
We've also packed in a slew full of other improvements and fixes to ensure everything continue working smoothly. A complete list of what's new can be found here.

Thanks!
We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions — so please feel free to post a message in our shiny new community forum, @ us on Twitter or drop us a note anytime.

Thanks so much for using Infuse! ?

Reactions: BeefCake 15

colinw123

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2013
I just updated to v6.4 on my iPad and now all my artwork is gone, has it got to do it all again from new.

it says its fetching the up next list but I only have this set to recently added only.

seems to be broken as the artwork is not updating at all, it was all fine on the previous version.
[automerge]1589390109[/automerge]
Please ignore my above post, coincidentally my server had restarted and just required a log in.

Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: firecore
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.