Inherited 23 inch HD Cinema Display - Need Help with Power Cord/Connecting to iMac G5

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by monstereggnog, Oct 23, 2008.

1. monstereggnog macrumors newbie

So I just inherited this nice 23 inch HD cinema display and would love to connect it to my iMac G5, but I've got a few questions I hope you all can help me with:

1. The display came with a single bundled cord coming out of the back. Four wires emerge at the end: a firewire, a USB, what looks like a SCSI with the "monitor" symbol on it, and the fourth wire is small but has no markings on it. Now color me an idiot, but where's the DC power cable? The display has no other inputs for a power cord - is the fourth cable that is unmarked part of a power supply?

2. I'm pretty sure I need some type of adapter to make this work with my iMac, but not sure which one.

I'm not exactly very technical about this stuff, so any help would be greatly appreciated. If I'm leaving out any info you need to help, just let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

THANKS!

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

The one with no markings is suppose to plug into a power brick specially made for the monitor. The "SCSI" cord is actually a DVI connector that will go into your iMac. You will need the power brick for the monitor to work. Ask whoever you got it from where it is or you may be able to purchase one from Apple.

3. monstereggnog thread starter macrumors newbie