injured Iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by houghton19, Aug 13, 2013.

1. houghton19 macrumors newbie

I got swept up on my motorbike in a rain storm, the phone then stopped working for a few days uptill it dried out, i have been lucky that its come back to life, with only a few minor marks on the screen, and obviously its warrenty is now gone, i put a new camera in it because that seems to be the only thing that didnt work, However, over the last few days my signal seems to dip in and out, i can turn it on and then within a few mins i loose all signal.

Im running on Ios7 Beta 5.

any ideas on what this may be ???

cheers guys

Tim.

2. IVRnJgr macrumors newbie

IVRnJgr

Maybe some screws or parts of the phone have rusted up, causing changes in the signal.

-IVRnJgr

3. chumps52 macrumors regular

I would open it up and leave it in rice for a day or 2.... Could still be a little wet in some places...

Check the water indicator (I think in the sim card slot) and if it is still white then you could probably get away with taking it to Apple under warranty

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Having a loose signal does seem pretty serious.

5. houghton19 thread starter macrumors newbie

Already had it in rice, the sticker in the sim tray stayed white but there is another 2 stickers inside the device which are red, Apple store looked at it and knew it was water damage :(

is it more likely to be the 2 x wires "antenna wires" as they sell as or logic board ?

6. chumps52 macrumors regular

Not sure where you are but here in the UK you can often find dodgy little repair stalls on the side of the road, that do a good job and are cheap.... People get put off by them because they are not official. I've used some of them previously for my devices and it has been fine + half the Apple price.

I wouldn't personally risk replacing something like that yourself.

7. houghton19 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess you didnt read the part that said i stripped the whole phone down to to swap the rear camera over.....

8. chumps52 macrumors regular

I mean don't change something like the logic board yourself