Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rayward

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
The inline controls on my (wired, obviously) earbuds have stopped working since updating my iPhone 6S to iOS11. Anyone else having this trouble? Can't play, pause, skip, change the volume or any of the other multi-tasks these controls performed.

Did they really just forget to keep this in the OS because the 7 & 8 don't have a headphone jack?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The inline controls on my (wired, obviously) earbuds have stopped working since updating my iPhone 6S to iOS11. Anyone else having this trouble? Can't play, pause, skip, change the volume or any of the other multi-tasks these controls performed.

Did they really just forget to keep this in the OS because the 7 & 8 don't have a headphone jack?
What earbuds in particular? Anything you've tried to troubleshoot the issue?

rayward

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
What earbuds in particular? Anything you've tried to troubleshoot the issue?

They're the Apple earbuds that came with the phone. I tried a different pair, but got the same result.

It's possible it's a fault with the phone; it just seems like too much of a coincidence that they worked prior to the update and not immediately afterwards.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
They're the Apple earbuds that came with the phone. I tried a different pair, but got the same result.

It's possible it's a fault with the phone; it just seems like too much of a coincidence that they worked prior to the update and not immediately afterwards.
Have you tried cleaning out the headphone jack?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.