Inspiration for new macrumors logo??

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
probably...

but often enough....taking ideas and getting inspiration from other works helps us out when creating logos & such...

I keep a few design books around that have award-winning designs around me all the time....whever I need some ideas I turn to them usually first...

Quark

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2002
Why does the logo look angry

I am new to the Mac community and kinda new to MacRumors (which I have found to be the BEST message board for mac users, bar none!).

Has anyone else noticed that the "seeds" inside the MacRumors logo look like an angry little face?

Looks kinda like this: :mad: , only the eyes are elongated as well and the face is turned a little side-ways.

Was this intentional/by design?

I like the logo, with that exception.

OSeXy!

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2002
London (or virtually here)
Re: Why does the logo look angry

Originally posted by Quark
I am new to the Mac community and kinda new to MacRumors (which I have found to be the BEST message board for mac users, bar none!).

Has anyone else noticed that the "seeds" inside the MacRumors logo look like an angry little face?

Looks kinda like this: :mad: , only the eyes are elongated as well and the face is turned a little side-ways.

Was this intentional/by design?

I like the logo, with that exception.
I see it... Arn or Blakespot scowling at us minions...

Attachments

Quark

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2002
Ohhh, I see now...

My screen resolution makes the seeds look alot smaller and the bottom two seeds look like a sad mouth.

When you zoom in on it, it certainly looks different.

I love the logo, I was just curious -- don't hate me for not understanding humans.

Quark

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.