Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Is there any good (free) app to download Instagram photos and videos to my iPhone’s camera roll?

hak187

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2009
there is a shortcut that you can use in the shortcuts app. i don't have the link offhand but i found it on the shortcuts subreddit.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Just follow the link on your iPhone. Click the link where it says iCloud and just follow all the prompts until it saves in your shortcuts app.
You can then also add it to your widgets for easy access.
Copy the instagram link of the photo or video that you want to download. Tap on the instasave shortcut and it saves in your camera roll.

TurkXtreme

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2012
TURKEY
Just follow the link on your iPhone. Click the link where it says iCloud and just follow all the prompts until it saves in your shortcuts app.
You can then also add it to your widgets for easy access.
Copy the instagram link of the photo or video that you want to download. Tap on the instasave shortcut and it saves in your camera roll.

Thanks for your reply.
But i try to download but i cant. It says me; safari cant open the page because address is not valid.
9982413C-9B81-493E-9E86-765C661DC9BE.png

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
I am not sure why it's not working for you. I have mine installed and working perfectly so far. I also cannot be of much more help either as I am not the brains behind this excellent piece of software.

TurkXtreme

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2012
TURKEY
I am not sure why it's not working for you. I have mine installed and working perfectly so far. I also cannot be of much more help either as I am not the brains behind this excellent piece of software.

Did you use safari browser to download it or different one?

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
I normally use an app called Simplenote to import links into my iOS devices from either a Mac or windows machine. So that's what I did and simply opened the link from there. Whether it went through safari after that I am not sure as it just loaded automatically from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.