Install Snow Leopard on 2013 Macs...according to the Apple Store

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LeandrodaFL, Oct 24, 2013.

1. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Apple Store is selling Snow Leopard....and completly not saying anything about compatibility with current Macs:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

According to this webpage, there is no information about wich computers are compatible with Snow Leopard. As a matter of fact, the requirementes make anyone believe that Snow Leopard is compatible with any 2012 or 2013 Macintosh. Specs are and I quote:

Mac computer with an Intel processor
    5 GB free hard drive space
    1 GB RAM
    DVD drive for installation

My 2012 MacMini is that!!!!

So, two things:

This is a special DVD upgraded to install Snow Leopard on current Macs (my dream) or probably the cruel reality:

Apple is so crazy and evil that they dont care about properlly anouncing and listing a product on their website.

You know what, Snow Leopard users/lovers should get together and sue Apple for this, after all, someone may buy this by accident.

2. .psd macrumors member

I'm so confused by your complaint.

Apple is selling a product you're excited about, and you're angry...why?

3. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

I'm kind of confused about this post, but regardless, the only way to install SL on a current Mac would be with a custom kernel. There is an ivy bridge kernel for SL but not haswell afaik, and the ivy bridge kernel doesn't work will because it still has no power management, hd4000 support, etc.

4. benwiggy macrumors 68020

Yeah, that'll teach them to offer their latest software for free to all users and still allow you to buy the older software, if you haven't already decided to upgrade to 4-year-old software. :rolleyes:
    Sue them! Sue them till they go bust!

5. OrangeCrush980 macrumors newbie

TC's point is that Apple isn't making it clear that Snow Leopard won't run on any 2012 or 2013 Mac. It can be seen as false advertising.

6. benwiggy macrumors 68020

In which case you take your disk back to the shop for a refund. You don't organise a class action to get your $20 back.