Installed Fusion 1.1.1 on a MacBook Air (Mac OS X 10.5.2) and installed Win XP ... bu

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ajmarton, Mar 6, 2008.

1. ajmarton macrumors newbie

I am a newbie to Macs and Fusion. I have a new MBA and installed Fusion 1.1.1 with no problem and loaded WinXP. Downloaded Fusion tools and all seemed to work. I suspended XP and shut down the system. When I run Fusion it loads fine and shows Win XP. I click on run and the XP window pops up with the resume button. I push that and everything disappears. Anyone have suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Andrew in LA.

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Iiiiiiiinteresting. Exactly the same problem.

I'm having a number of issues with the Air, so I have to find time to reinstall it - won't be doing anything with VMWare until then. Either that or toss it over a cliff when the X300 + new hybrid TZ arrives.

However if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated in either thread.

3. howiedeano macrumors newbie

Fusion vanishing...

Hi, I had the same problem when I first installed fusion, every time I tried to 'run' windows it just quit fusion. I think it's the superdrive that's causing it, I disabled the CD/DVD drive 'connected' option in the settings, that fixed it for me...
    Hope that helps.

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

5. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

That copy of Windows is probably the happiest piece of software alive right now. Its also the closest Windows has ever come to High-Technolgy -- this of course, if Windows was a real person. :D

6. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Which is kind of funny, as all of my other copies of Windows on ultraportables run on higher-tech machines than the Air :p

7. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

What?!?!?!?! Really?!?!?!?! No wayyyyyy!

Macbook AIR is the epitome of HIGH TECH baby! :D

8. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

To people who say things like that, I have no doubt it is the case.

9. ajmarton thread starter macrumors newbie