Installed new lcd a1226 flickering coming out of sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hylndr11, Oct 1, 2010.

1. hylndr11 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, thanks for all the great info here on the forum.

I have been searching for a possible solution to my issue being that I just replaced my lcd on my mbp 2.4 a1226 and when I come out of sleep mode the screen looks something like this

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...tx6xcI&t=1&usg=__5_3xInpKRZmgm0w6GUve7T0HagY=

This is one of the chi mei models recommended on several threads here it is new, the install went well and it works other than this issue also after i unplug an additional display it wont go back to normal it just stays black, have reset the PRAM etc. this is pretty annoying because I am on and off my lappy all day so I now am having to reboot everytime it does this. Anyone else had this issue?? Thanks

2. zmttoxics macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

Looks like a video card issue since it happens after sleep... With an 8600 in it, you might want to see if you can get it fixed under the extended 8600 replacement plan.

3. hylndr11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea but it didnt do that before I replaced the screen,

4. hylndr11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, cannot change the resolution, screen just goes black after I tried that. I have heard about the method of putting the computer to sleep then switch screens and pull it out of sleep - and see if it works then, hmm The board was changed already once on this machine and Im aware of the 8600 issue but it did not do this until the screen was replaced