Installed WinXP and Win7 in Fusion4 but no network?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by danny_w, Oct 5, 2011.

1. danny_w macrumors 601

I am trying to install a Windows VM for work on my MBP but cannot seem to see the network, although internet access works just fine. Is there something that I must do in VMWare to enable general network browsing?

2. dafunktyfunk macrumors newbie

having the same problem wi5h my imac 27. internet works fine but homegroup or network drivr access.

3. danny_w thread starter macrumors 601

The problem is occurring at work on my new MBP running Lion. I am also going to try installing on my iMac running SL which I still have for now to see if Lion vs. SL makes a difference (I have noticed that Lion seems much worse at navigating a Windows network, but maybe that is just me not being used to it yet).

4. dafunktyfunk macrumors newbie

great idea!

this is my first mac so i dont know the diff between the two yet.

5. danny_w thread starter macrumors 601

Well installing it on SL did not help, but I found that setting the network adapter to "Bridged" in VMWare allowed me to see the network domain. I still cannot connect to it but I think that is a permissions issue that will have to be worked by IT.

I do have another major issue with VMWare on Lion (only) though. orks but mostly does weird things, such as jumping when I move the mouse (especially at the edges of the window) and the selection area is far off from the end of the arrow, making selection extremely difficult. I saw one reference to this on the Apple forums but there was no reply.