Installed & worked Cydia Ultrasn0w Repo BUT still have Padlock. Still Locked ....:(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by deafanimator, Jul 5, 2010.

1. deafanimator macrumors member

I have installed and followed instruction for redsn0w Rep through Cydia. I have successed but there is pad lock still there. how can I rid of it.

my iphone is 3g with 4.0 OS.

Thanks. i want this phone able to use third party phone instead of ATT

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Where do you see a padlock?
    What firmware is your iphone 3G on and did you say you used Redsnow to JB and ultrasnow thru cydia to unlock?
    Is it a US iphone locked to AT&T and what carriers simcard are you trying to use it on?
    You're sure theres no problem with your simcard? Did you try another sim with a different number to make sure?

3. deafanimator thread starter macrumors member

answer the question

It is 3g iphone.. with ultrasn0w Repo 0.93 version, it is Cydia brand name jail breaker.. Iphone 4.0 Operating system is 4.0(8a293), the sim card is AT&T.. we have tried to use other cell phone carrier few different simm cards and still not work because the pad lock is locate above the clock on iphone home screen.. you know where padlock icon is upper top just above the clock, not far left where former ATT status bars and icon ATT..

I have trouble to figure out HOW can remove pad lock or unlock it.. Help please. even i have talked to several profesional and they do not know the asnwer. they know older operating sytem3.0 or before but not this 4.0

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This is the 2nd thread about your silly idea that the padlock in the status bar has something to do with being sim unlocked...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=960656

That padlock means the phone is locked as in slide your finger to the right on the lockscreen and the padlock changes to the time.

Quite humorous though... :p

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, that explains it.
    I was like WTF? What padlock is he talking about?
    The padlock icon is there on every iphone on the lockscreen.
    If you're using a US iphone with an AT&T simcard you dont need to unlock it or install ultrasnow.
    Any AT&T simcard will activate it and work with it.
    Can you slide to unlock the iphone or does it have a passcode?
    You see all iphones have the icon on the lockscreen so it DOES NOT mean they are simlocked or anything else you assumed.

Attached Files:

6. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Indeed. Brought huge smile to my face. Wondering, if this person is really serious or not.

If he/she is, all that Lock icon represent is that phone is in state where you can accidentally do stuff, ie make call and so on. Since the phone uses a touch screen, that could easily happen if it's in your pocket, purse and so on.