iPhone Installing 13.1 BETA - Will it affect Apple Watch?

nycgeo

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Brooklyn
Hi,

Ive been searching these threads and I cant find a clear answer on how, if I install 13.1 on my IPX it will or won't affect my Apple Watch? Is there a Public Beta for WOS6? I want to try iOS 13, but cant deal with the watch being "disconnected" in some way until 9/30.

Thanks for your help,
G

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68020
Nov 6, 2014
I’m having no issues here. I’m on iOS 13 beta 3 and watch is on watchOS beta 8. No battery life issues or anything. Watch works like it should.

Reactions: nycgeo

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Hi,

Ive been searching these threads and I cant find a clear answer on how, if I install 13.1 on my IPX it will or won't affect my Apple Watch? Is there a Public Beta for WOS6? I want to try iOS 13, but cant deal with the watch being "disconnected" in some way until 9/30.

Thanks for your help,
G
The issues only arise when you go the other way, trying to use the watch beta with an older iOS release. You will be fine.

nycgeo

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Brooklyn
I’m having no issues here. I’m on iOS 13 beta 3 and watch is on watchOS beta 8. No battery life issues or anything. Watch works like it should.
Thanks! Will the watch OS beta become available to me as a non developer on 13.1? I haven’t seen watch OS6 beta as being offered to the public? Thanks again!

TheSkywalker77

Contributor
Sep 9, 2017
Thanks! Will the watch OS beta become available to me as a non developer on 13.1? I haven’t seen watch OS6 beta as being offered to the public? Thanks again!
I don’t think watchOS had a public beta program. If there’s an issue with the watch you need to take it to Apple and have them fix it, whereas if your iPhone has an issue you can just restore it to a previous firmware. So I wouldn’t recommend testing watchOS 6.