installing virtual pc 7

salami123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
hey whats up
well im here tryin to install virtual pc 7
so i goin thru it like normal and finished the first set of installation after which u must restart the comp.
when i restart, it says how virtual pc 7 has closed for some reason and thats it, i cant do the next stage of installation

whats goin on ehre??
thanks

Camotanker

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2007
hey whats up
well im here tryin to install virtual pc 7
so i goin thru it like normal and finished the first set of installation after which u must restart the comp.
when i restart, it says how virtual pc 7 has closed for some reason and thats it, i cant do the next stage of installation

whats goin on ehre??
thanks
i got the same problem bro.

i have a brand new Pro 15" 2.44 ghz.

MacsRgr8

macrumors 604
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
And it runs extremely slow on PowerPC machines anyway.
True, but it's the only way to run Windows on a G4 or G5.

BTW, VPC 7 is only recommendable for the G5. If you have a G4 try to obtain VPC 6, as it will run better. It's that VPC 6 cannot run on the G5 that you need VPC 7 for them.

VPC is software emulation: get x86 binaries to work via some sort of clever "translation" software on a PPC takes time... i.e. it wil perform slowly.

If you have an Intel Mac, get Parallels or VMware as mentioned above. This software uses the "virtualisation" technique available on the Intels in the newer Macs. As this doesn't emulate but speaks the same "x86 language" the software running on Windows in either VMware or Parallels wil perform super fast. Natively fast, even!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Back in the day, another option was to outright buy a cheap PC box, put it on the network and then use Microsoft's own Remote Desktop Connection to connect to it from your Mac. Obviously this isn't the best solution, but it's faster than Virtual PC.