Instant Karma ... Teen loses arm after robbing and trying to kill someone.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Feb 13, 2016.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I hope they drop the charges on the victim. And they better charge the teen with attempted murder. If it was me, I probably would have keep running over him until he died.

LINK WITH VIDEO OF EVENT .....

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I'm incredulous that they are charging the victim with attempted murder.

3. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Because NYC authorities are idiots. Somebody could be gouging your eyes out, and you'll probably still get charged for defending yourself.

4. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Then you would be guilty of murder.

It is tricky one. The kid was still armed and dangerous (until he was dis-armed), and continued to be a potential threat even without his arm and gun and while potentially bleeding to death.

On the other hand, the kid was no longer an immediate threat to the car driver. I'm not sure how New York law looks at people who play cop. Anybody know of a similar case? I'll bet there are some, although perhaps not with these details. On the one hand, it isn't the driver's place to kill someone because someone stole his shoes. On the other hand, the perpetrator was still a threat to others. And, in fact, if he encountered the police and pointed his gun at them, he'd be dead-- so, the driver may have saved his life-- if he lives.

5. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Once someone actually points and pulls the trigger at you, I think that's justification and almost impossible to prove when or if the victim felt no longer in danger. Is it wrong to give chase in defense and do harm to someone that just tried to kill you? I can understand charging the victim if he completely left the scene and came back. But he didn't and the heat of moment was still in motion.

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Once someone actually points and pulls the trigger at you, he/she is a threat to you and everyone else. It is a civic and moral duty to neutralize that threat with extreme prejudice. If that means ripping off his arm and using it to beat him about the head and shoulders, all the better.

7. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Agreed!!!!

8. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

Instant Karma ... Teen loses arm after robbing and trying to kill someone.

Shouldn't that be 'armed robbery victim tries to kill someone'? If Sam was trying to kill Pierre then surely he'd have shot at him (severed limbs permitting).

9. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Sam PULLED THE TRIGGER, hence he did try to kill Pierre.

10. unlinked macrumors 6502a

There was clearly no threat to the drivers life when he decided to run over the other person.

11. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Nobody pulled a trigger, atleast not in the literal sense or as written in that report.

Sure he did have the right to defense himself, but once he went (with his car) after the thief he pretty much became a one man lynch mob (over a lousy pair of sneakers I may add).

So yeah, society is better of with both spending some years behind bars.

12. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

Can't be bothered to look at other reports, but there's no mention in the OP article of a shot being fired.

13. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

It's stated on the video in link.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Guess he was "disarmed" by the car :p

Play stupid games/win stupid prizes

That's said it was risky & stupid to go mow down the kid , kid could have shot the guy , now this "kid" will be a leech on the system as a disabled person.

15. jerwin macrumors 65816

So, two bullets to the back of the head? Should I make him kneel, first? Does listening to him beg enhance the catharsis?

You do know what "Terminate with extreme prejudice" means, don't you?

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Two to the chest and one to the head. Making them kneel shows premeditation....

17. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Watch the damn video. Reporter clearly stated he pulled the trigger.

18. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

This is a hell of a story. You have the police on record saying the robbery victim "technically disarmed" the robber. You have the arm being completely severed. You have the robber ( I'd have to imagine bleeding profusely), trying to escape on a bus, and then running home?! I think a reality show is in order...

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Kid was in Xtreme shock

20. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

No chest shots; they'll still return fire unless you hit their pump station. However, a three-round* burst in the face delivers the same kinetic energetic as a 12-gauge shotgun shell and will put them down instantly.

*5.56mm
    --- Post Merged, Feb 13, 2016 ---
    I wonder if anyone offered to lend him a hand?

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    The most surprising thing is that the kid managed to make it home before he collapsed. Most people pass out within a few seconds from all the blood loss after losing a limb.

22. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

23. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

That's what you get when you try to threaten others. The kid is lucky to be alive.

That being said, if he didn't have his gun trained on the victim at the time he was run over, then I think it's legitimate to charge the victim too.

If you just got robbed, and the perpetrator is leaving the scene, you don't have the right to go after him and try to kill him IMO. One can defend themself against an immediate threat, even with deadly force if necessary, but that doesn't sound like it was the case here.

24. FieldingMellish Suspended

Incredible. An American just one-upped the Arabs, who typically take but a hand as robbery punishment.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 13, 2016 ---
    Agreed. Ah, but think of the prevention that's been imposed upon the original perpetrator going forward!

25. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Shock or doped up?