Instead of pairing my Apple Watch with my cell phone...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Esoom, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

How about pairing it with my cellular capable iPad Mini?

Hmmmmm.........

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Nope. The Apple Watch app is only on iPhone 5 and higher.

3. Esoom thread starter macrumors 6502

Esoom

<--- eyes Pebble Steel and iPad Mini, takes another drink, remembers he has backed Pebble Time Steel on kickstarter.

4. technosix macrumors 6502a

I think the styling of the Pebble Time Steel is much more attractive than the thick and fat looking Apple. As obsessed as Apple is about fashion and being thin, the porky looking watch is out of character.

5. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

lol wow opinions really do differ a lot don't they. There is no way I would be caught dead wearing the hideous Pebble Time Steel.

Attractiveness is a funny thing.

Edit: Also the Pebble Time Steel is the same 10.5 mm thick as the Apple watch

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I feel the same way. I really don't like how the Pebble Time Steel looks, that bezel is massive. And overall dimensions make it bigger than the 42mm Apple Watch, so with that tiny screen it'll be dwarfed by the black bezel.

I love the look and styling of my Pebble Steel, and it's helped me with knowing the size I want for Apple Watch (42mm). Thickness is good too. The Apple Watch at first looked like it was kinda chunky to me, but the Pebble Steel is the same thickness, which actually isn't bad at all. I guess the pictures just make it seem that way.

7. Esoom thread starter macrumors 6502

Esoom

Pretty sure I'll get both,:p

8. technosix macrumors 6502a

What I'm enjoying about Apples watch project is reading others likes dislikes and opinions. None of which matters to me since I have zero interest in smart watches for myself.

I've spent quite some time studying and collecting ultra luxury hand made one of a kind Swiss Chronographs. I wear them in rotation for maximum enjoyment rather than simply displaying them like some collectors do.

All mechanical with not a circuit board or battery in sight, it's a nice departure from my digital life. Finely crafted with beautifully designed gears and jewels in the movement most have taken a full year of one horologists time to create just for me. It's a luxury I truly enjoy.

9. technosix macrumors 6502a

It's the shape and style of the Pebble that makes it look so sleek and attractive. Apple watch with its bulbous rounded sides looks plain and featureless. I'd never guess Apple styled the watch.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You must think the ultra thick bezel is so attractive…

[​IMG]